Lack of interest [Suggestion] Remove redundant padding and divider from sub forum list

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Ingenious

Where there is a single sub forum (eg bug reports) this is listed first, above the posts in the parent forum. I notice this has a filled bar above it, and a divider below it. I assume this is because with mutliple sub-forums there will be sort options in the top, and the divider is needed.

But for one single sub forum this is redundant, and just adds clutter.

This is the view I mean with the parts arrowed:

This is the same screen via photoshop with this removed, I think it looks a lot cleaner and more "Xen":

Attachments

• xen01.webp
    xen01.webp
    44 KB · Views: 34
  • xen02.webp
    xen02.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For one sub-forum, indeed. If there are multiple sub-forums then I understand the dividers.

Conditional anyone? :P

I actually like the bar. Without the bar, it's not completely clear to me whether the list of threads below is a child of XenForo Bug Reports or Resolved Bug Reports. Resolved Bug Reports feels like it could be a heading.

If you get rid of the bar, you'll have to increase the indent or otherwise decrease the visual weight of the subforum info, or add some kind of description like "Other forums in this section:"

At the very least the orange header needs a title or it looks superfluous/redundant.
It is and it isn't. It's hard to explain without going into detail about what's being displayed there and all the possible variations that may exist.

It is and it isn't. It's hard to explain without going into detail about what's being displayed there and all the possible variations that may exist.
Intriguing :)

I did check the css and noticed that it was missing a few classes from the forum category header.

I'd love to hear the detail though :)

Top Bottom