1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Optional: Show a list of latest updated threads on the forum homepage

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by OperaManiac, Sep 3, 2010.

1. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

Apparently, none of the popular discussion forum software have this functionality.

bbPress has this and i love it. in fact, i use a third party mod to show the latest ongoing discussions on the homepage of my forum powered by vBulletin.

[​IMG]

the basic idea is... new people landing on your forum can see the ongoing discussions without venturing into individual forums.

and a returning user can quickly see the latest active threads on the forum's homepage itself without checking out the latest posts feature.

Travis likes this.
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

There will probably be a widget created for the sidebar soon after release.

3. OperaManiac

haha. not a big fan of widgets especially in this case as it requires proper spacing and details... but i guess i would have to live with the options i am given!

4. Forsaken

I don't see them adding it as a feature, as it fits a modification.

5. OperaManiac

I understand totally. This feature is not considered to be an important one and pretty much no popular forum software has it by default. I guess I am just too used to having it on bbPress on the official WordPress support forum. :)

6. Forsaken

I find it useful myself, but I usually see it on portals/CMS rather then on the forumhome, because it usually seems to be clutter.

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Has anyone come up with any sidebar widgets or 'xF blocks' yet? ;)

Especially one with the latest threads