Lack of interest [Suggestion] New Posts (and possibly Today's Posts)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

My forum users make extensive use of the New Posts feature that is offered in the search. I would like to see the option in XF to display all unread posts since the last visit date/time.
Also, Today's Posts is used a lot by my members and I feel this could also be very useful to show latest posts in the last 24 hours!

I'd also like the ability to display only new/today's posts on a per-forum basis. This allows me to prioritise my replies to threads in certain forums.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
1)My forum users make extensive use of the New Posts feature that is offered in the search. I would like to see the option in XF to display all unread posts since the last visit date/time.

2)Also, Today's Posts is used a lot by my members and I feel this could also be very useful to show latest posts in the last 24 hours!

3)I'd also like the ability to display only new/today's posts on a per-forum basis. This allows me to prioritise my replies to threads in certain forums.

I think you are making 3 suggestions?
1 - Whats New does not do what you want in what way?

2 - Mike has posted the link to Todays Posts - but there is no button for it for some reason, that would be nice. I don't think it needs to be prominent (for my uses).

3 - yes a Whats New in each forum would be uber cool. Especially if that included the subforums under it. I have mentioned it a few times. That would alter the use of forums in a big way from a UI point of view, I think it really would. Filter out all the read content in a forum, which would encourage more activity for the threads made in the last 28 days (with the current time out). I think that would be tremendous.

What's new in each forum, wouldn't that just make things more confusing?

Not sure if I understand the other suggestions, for me What's New has what I need.

I think you are making 3 suggestions?
1 - Whats New does not do what you want in what way?

2 - Mike has posted the link to Todays Posts - but there is no button for it for some reason, that would be nice. I don't think it needs to be prominent (for my uses).

3 - yes a Whats New in each forum would be uber cool. Especially if that included the subforums under it. I have mentioned it a few times. That would alter the use of forums in a big way from a UI point of view, I think it really would. Filter out all the read content in a forum, which would encourage more activity for the threads made in the last 28 days (with the current time out). I think that would be tremendous.
Yeah it's 3 suggestions but they're all linked in some way.

1. The What's New link does do as I requested. *d'oh* I keep forgetting it's there :P

2. What's the link to Today's Posts? I could do with remembering it so I can create a button for it.

3. For anyone who doesn't understand the purpose: If you have forum-specific What's New links (or perhaps just a query parameter on the original What's New to filter the forums it grabs from) helps people to see what's new in the forums they are interested in which will, of course, lower the amount of What's New pages for the user.

Top Bottom