Lack of interest [Suggestion] Navbar dropdowns

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

KURTZ

dropdown.webp

simply, just like you can see by yourself the drop-downs are different (i mean the 'members', 'help' and 'profile') so i'm wondering about the 'arrow' also on the other menus; feed-backs? :p

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's the same for me. Hover over forum/members/help and you get a dropdown, submenu. Just like personal account box and inbox/other one.

Indicators for dropdowns, is what the icon is for in my book. Sorry that we see it differently.

It's the same for me. Hover over forum/members/help and you get a dropdown, submenu. Just like personal account box and inbox/other one.

Indicators for dropdowns, is what the icon is for in my book. Sorry that we see it differently.

No need to say sorry :).

Also in addition to my previous explanation, realize that [Forums] [Members] [Help] are part of, in fact are XenForo's sophisticated menu system. Those arrows there have a specific function. And when you realize that both Alerts and Inbox are simply not part of this clever menu system, then... the arrows are not needed. This is the other reason they are not included.

No need to say sorry :).

Also in addition to my previous explanation, realize that [Forums] [Members] [Help] are part of, in fact are XenForo's sophisticated menu system. Those arrows there have a specific function. And when you realize that both Alerts and Inbox are simply not part of this clever menu system, then... the arrows are not needed. This is the other reason they are not included.

a perfect explanation ... ;)

To further build on this suggestion - can we perhaps increase the "dropdown target" for Forums, Members, and Help? Right now, in order to view those dropdown menu's, you've got to hover over the arrow on the right...You can't hover over the text of the tab. That arrow is a pretty small target, and it's almost easier for me to just click on the tab to avoid the dropdown all together. I've got my mouse sensitivity pretty high which means I sacrifice accuracy for speed.

The "Account" dropdown has an arrow and triggers the dropdown while hovering anywhere over the link - the rest of the dropdowns should do the same, imo.

Oh, and I am in favor of the arrow as well :)

In the header, the down arrow next to my username drops down a dropdown.

In breadcrumbs, this brings up an overlay, which is inconsistent use of navigation aids.

Are you referring to the dropdown in the main navigation? You say "breadcrumb", which is technically Home > Forums > General Discussions > XenForo Bug Reports...I have a feeling you're referring to the main navigation in the upper left.

If so, I made a similar request previously but never got any feedback on it.

I'm all for consistency

I believe Mez is referring to:
1c7r.jpg

Name drop-down -> Brings up Quick Links
Quick Nav drop-down -> Brings up Overlay

I'm on about the one next to the "Reply to thread" button, at the end of the box which borders the breadcrumbs)

I believe that is by design. The dropdowns towards the left are supposed to be less intrusive, and people can navigate without using them.

The drop down near name does not work that way.

I don't know that there is any meaningful difference between a pulldown menu and an overlay menu or any compelling reason to distinguish between the two in terms of user interface. The little triangle in a circle simply means "click here for a menu of some sort".

I believe that is by design. The dropdowns towards the left are supposed to be less intrusive, and people can navigate without using them.

The drop down near name does not work that way.
Yes.

One other comment. If you are looking for consistency, here it is. The "down" triangle is the same in the tab menus, member menu, and quick nav menu. The difference is that the latter two have a circle around the triangle. This is consistent-- when the triangle is only visible on mouseover, there is no circle. When the triangle is always visible, it has a circle. :)

I don't know that there is any meaningful difference between a pulldown menu and an overlay menu or any compelling reason to distinguish between the two in terms of user interface. The little triangle in a circle simply means "click here for a menu of some sort".
It made me automatically move my mouse down - but there was no menu there.

Top Bottom