Not planned [Suggestion] Miniavatar upon miniavatar for no reason

Jonathan

Can't think of a better title, sorry. :P

Dunno if this has been posted, couldn't find anything.

Anyway when you've posted in your own thread (not doing so is impossible), this little miniavatar pops itself in front of your avatar which seems a little silly. Surely you don't need the little one on top?

hm.webp

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This has been discussed to death.

It is for consistency and also to make it easier when scanning down the thread list to see which threads you have posted in.
Some people for example might have the same avatar or not bother setting one which would leave them with the default avatar.

*blushes*

I'll restart the argument, sorry. I think that it shouldn't be there, clearly you can see you have posted in that thread as you still have the avatar there. Having two just looks odd and sparks attention, which isn't what you want in a style like XF's I don't think. I just think it would look/work better without. A lot better. Otherwise it will continue to come up again and again - both on member forums and here.

*blushes*

I'll restart the argument, sorry. I think that it shouldn't be there, clearly you can see you have posted in that thread as you still have the avatar there. Having two just looks odd and sparks attention, which isn't what you want in a style like XF's I don't think. I just think it would look/work better without. A lot better. Otherwise it will continue to come up again and again - both on member forums and here.
Yes, but Mike and Kier have both said it's not going to change. You can probably do it on your own installation but it really is for consistency when you look down the list of threads.

I agree Jonathan you'd think it should not be there. But, it does keep things consistent in the sense it shows that you have posted a reply in that thread, even one you started. I think that's the reasoning.

Personally, I'd rather it wasn't duplicated, but can understand why it is.

Perhaps fair points, that's their choice of course. A poll would be nice though :3
As much as they've been discussed I don't see it being talked about again any time soon, especially so close to the beta release. Kier and Mike need to focus on other things, and the issue seemed pretty split as it is.

Yeah, yeah. I can understand both of your points. Perhaps there should be an option in the ACP... is there an option in the ACP?

If you are scanning a list of threads via the avatar you can scan in a direct vertical path and look for the mini avatar. When you remove that, the brain has to process the change and it's technically more work for your body. It's there for consistency mainly.

If you are scanning a list of threads via the avatar you can scan in a direct vertical path and look for the mini avatar. When you remove that, the brain has to process the change and it's technically more work for your body. It's there for consistency mainly.

Amen.

Top Bottom