Lack of interest [SUGGESTION] - iTrader in the core

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This isn't something that would be 'core' it would be a 3rd party plugin...

This is 2010 ... IPB will be ecommerce very soon ...

this is where the money is and history will repeat itself ... the original Roman Forum was

also a place of commerce before Jesus Christ was even born. :)

With respect, this is a piece of forum software. Not an e-commerce system. Don't get me wrong, I love iTrader and I do wish to have it on my forums. But as a mod, not part of the core.

E-Commerce has no place in the core of forum software with the exception of paying for premium memberships.

Not in the core. Highly recommended for a mod though. I've only seen this on one type of forum, and I'm not at liberty to discuss such board. :)

Gonna sound like a broken record here but I would echo the others, not in the core of the software but it will be needed as a mod by many forum owners pretty soon after Gold release.

wrong answer from everybody :)

Look at this new entry into the forum market ... notice the keyword " monetize " ...

ecommerce is the ultimate monetizing ... not adsense :) ... again IPB leads not vB

http://www.huddler.com/
I think pretty much everyone here will respectfully disagree ;)

A forum is a forum. A shop is a shop. What you are looking for is a XF <=> {insert e-commerce system here} bridge/integration.

So, really to reiterate:
E-Commerce has no place in the core of forum software with the exception of paying for premium memberships.

Everyone has their own opinion. That's not incorrect, if that's what you're trying to say.

Your personal website and marketing needs are not necessarily the needs for the core of the forum.

I'd still have to vote for this to simply be an hack/add-on. Maybe the guy(s) who made iTrader will port it in due time. That's their call.

Just saying, not trying to be rude, but it's a forum software. It's a place to socialize, not a standard marketing technique. It's possible to create such a thing out of any forum software out on the market today, and obviously XenForo will be able to provide that with ease, seeing how easily modifications seem to be. Once the Beta is out, you'll probably see some modification along these lines anywho.

Look at this new entry into the forum market ... notice the keyword " monetize " ...

ecommerce is the ultimate monetizing ... not adsense :) ... again IPB leads not vB

http://www.huddler.com/

Who cares. You want to make money from your membership. This is not a ecommerce script.
How about having the forum released and then silly little add ons like this and CMS's, can be done third party when the forum WORKS as intended, just look at vbulletin now.

It's amazing the amount of bloat people want in this thing as a standard.

I don't agree with this as core, but as many people would like it perhaps this should be considered as an official add-on as IPB will soon be releasing their own official add-on.

If you wanted ecommerce with member ratings, why not use a software that has that instead of a forum? I must be out of the loop on that one.

Top Bottom