Lack of interest [SUGGESTION] - iTrader in the core

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would need it too. I would want to import my members VB iTrader ratings over too. They would go nuts if they lost it all! I need it to port my forum over to XenForo

I'd like to point out that begging for it to be a feature is quite pointless. As K&M have already stated on numerous occasions, they are just focusing on getting the actual forum software finished to 'perfection'. There wouldn't be much point in having any 'add-ons' if there isn't a decent forum to go with it. As for asking to have this as a core feature, that is an absolutely ridiculous request. XenForo is BBS (Bulletin Board Software). It is not a trading platform. If you want iTrader with your XenForo wait for someone to make an add-on for it. Honestly, do you think the average forum admin is going to care about e-commerce features when all he needs is a BBS for his users to talk about ... how to make different meals? No, he wouldn't care. Simple as that. So it is not a core feature, it is an add-on and not a priority one at that.

Having a trading system? as part of the core forum, to me, seems like a waste of time.
Having it as a paid, or freebie addon is more than sufficient.
The last thing we need is a forum software bloated with features the majority don't use.
A forum with the simplest features to...well, talk and discuss things is all we need, anything else, should be an addon/plugin.

Meant to add:
I myself have itrader on my site and people DO use it, but I cater to a gaming community, one which people can sell/buy virutal items.

wrong answer from everybody :)

Look at this new entry into the forum market ... notice the keyword " monetize " ...

ecommerce is the ultimate monetizing ... not adsense :) ... again IPB leads not vB

http://www.huddler.com/
No no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!

People talk of "Facebook killing forums". What's *really* killing forums is the greedy drive towards money money money.

Forums used to be really popular because people started them with the aim of providing a good community of like minded people with no strings attached.

Nowadays, it's all "how many Google ads can I get people to click?", "how much money can I make out of this?". "ecommerce, ecommerce", STOP IT!

You even get sites with bloody Google ads inserted into your posts! I'll tell you what - if I join a site and make a post, and a bloody Google ad appears in my post, that's the last visit I'll *ever* make to that site.

I'm sick of hearing about how to "monetize" forums. Stop it! You are all killing the market.

NB That's not to say iTrader has no place, it does, but as an add on only for those sites it suits.

Nowadays, it's all "how many Google ads can I get people to click?", "how much money can I make out of this?". "ecommerce, ecommerce", STOP IT!

You even get sites with bloody Google ads inserted into your posts! I'll tell you what - if I join a site and make a post, and a bloody Google ad appears in my post, that's the last visit I'll *ever* make to that site.

Two points and YES, I agree with this.

1) How many of your users have Firefox? And what is the TWO most popular addons for that browser? No Script and Ad Blocking!!
2) A LARGE forum I am a member of recently was sold to an investment company (and not it's NOT IB) and the first thing they promised was NO ads. First thing they DID, add google ads...the paying designers who supported that site started pulling their support...in large enough numbers to get noticed. So now the ads are only shown to unregistered guests. But the effort to monetize the site with ADS FAILED!!!!

An e-commerce system should not be a core component of Xen. While I would certain love a cart and subscriptions etc, it's a totally different head to forum software. Yes IPS did come up with Nexus finally, and it's pretty much unusable because I don't think they really talked to the people who would use an e-commerce system to find out what the requirements were.

Our general chat site, being moved to Xen, has zero adverts and no money generation schemes outside maybe resurrecting our cafe press thingy for those who want tees etc, why would we want our forum product to be lugging around an e-commerce solution? The point is, Xen becomes less of a solution to the majority of site admins if you start adding specific requirements to the core product. Leave it lean and mean!

iTrader on the sites I've used has been for rating non-commercial feedback on private sales, although I do understand the commercial uses.

Sounds like a great add-on to me (personal opinion only).

iTrader will be ported to XenForo.

I hope I will finish it until gold version of XenForo is released. ;)

This is sensational news! With almost 32000 itrader feedbacks on my largest site, lack of an itrader port is one of the only reasons I could not transfer that site over to xenforo. My members use it quite a lot!

Nice to hear your users like the iTrader script.

My plans are to release a free Lite version of "xenTrader" and a Pro version for less than 50$. However, I didn't think about the price yet. I will do this after the works are done.

I hope there will be a way to fetch the entries from iTrader for vBulletin and integrate them into xenTrader afterwards, but I can't promise.

While I don't have loads of money to throw around I will entirely support this mod on XF, my users absolutely LOVE it, and if you can get an import script working... well... id love you forever :)

I'm sick of hearing about how to "monetize" forums. Stop it! You are all killing the market.

Stepping out of topic for a second--many of us run forums out of our own pockets, and depend on ads to help pay the hosting bills. I have always used ads, and our site members are understanding enough to not only tolerate what few ads we have, they also understand why we need them, and why (for affiliate sales, such as Amazon) their purchases or clicks help us out in some small way.

I do dislike sites that cram way too many ads on their pages, including forums, so I try to make my ad placements where they do not interfere with content. In a forum, I'm with those who feel that unregistered guests will get ads in places that registered members would not. I'm fine with that but again, it needs to be kept in check or you face driving visitors away.

In my case, "monetizing" only helps me pay the bills, so I'm putting out much less of my own money. The ultimate goal is to have the sites support themselves from affiliate sales and ad clicks. It's not greed, it's survival. Not all of us are in it for a monetary profit, but our own "profit" comes from running a self-supporting site that users can enjoy visiting. If that means my ads are in less than favorable positions, then so be it...I'll sacrifice some income to keep the clutter out of the way of our site content.

And yes, we need iTrader... ;) The large forum I run has a very active marketplace community, and if we had Sphinx support and iTrader up and rockin', I'd have the site owner sell of the vB license so we could hook into the goodness that is XenForo. :D (My own xF license is for another site I'm building.)

Why do people compare XF with IPB or vB all the time? Ok, they share the basic fundamentals. However, every each of them has different approaches, goals and expectations. I think it’s safe to say that XenForo is not headed to be an e-commerce featured software nor gives the slightest indication that it will be some day. And I really can't picture it that it does. In my honest opinion, it is litle bit of a stretch evet to ask for a core feature. (:

As many said before (and yes I'm sounding like a broken record) this is more like a 3rd party add-on or bridge solution. That said, I can’t get my head around to think that of all the free and commercial e-commerce solution out there which just makes to build a specific add-on for xenforo pretty much a waste of time.

No no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!

People talk of "Facebook killing forums". What's *really* killing forums is the greedy drive towards money money money.

Forums used to be really popular because people started them with the aim of providing a good community of like minded people with no strings attached.

NB That's not to say iTrader has no place, it does, but as an add on only for those sites it suits.

Having a webpage with high level activity is very rewarding but It can give your wallet quite the strain, especially if you do it as a hobby. At first I had the same opinion as yourself, advertisements are terrible and often mislead new members.
However, as I once invested in a VPS for around $50 bucks a month as only a teenager I needed to make profit so I turned to advertisments. I was no longer going into the minus, I full heartly understand administrators who add advertisements onto their sites. HOWEVER if i see more than 3 click incentive ads aswell as an occasional pop up I will never visit again :P

That being said commerce is always good in moderation.
And back on topic, the forum software's core should be limited to essential FORUM features only. Give it time, once more people use XenForo so will the developer base. And with that these iTrader mods will start appearing ;3

Top Bottom