Lack of interest [Suggestion] Innovative points and shop system

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Luxus

(Dunno if I'm allowed to post a thread here because I am not a customer (yet), but I guess it cannot hurt to suggest this anyway)

I have maintained a forum in the past where users literally begged me and my staff for more storage space for their PMs, galery, longer signatures, custom usertitle or fancy usergroup images.

Now I was thinking, why not let your users actually earn those extras and "purchase" them with their "money"? I was thinking of a points system that works a bit like the trophy feature of XenForo.
Users can earn points (money) by posting, by liking content etc etc or simply by staying active.

Earned points can then be used in a store to purchase more storage space, to purchase a custom usertitle, to purchase access to certain sections etc.

Users should also be able to donate points to their friends. Points should also be connected to the warn status of users. If users were warned moderators can either choose to take any amount of points of their liking from them or a pre-defined amount as a punihment.

In my opinion this would increase activity and traffic immensely and what other forum software would be better suited for this than XenForo?

I know there are already similar add-ons available in bd banking and xenShop but I don't know if they work exactly how I described my suggestion of this feature. I doubt it, though.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
(Dunno if I'm allowed to post a thread here because I am not a customer (yet), but I guess it cannot hurt to suggest this anyway)

I have maintained a forum in the past where users literally begged me and my staff for more storage space for their PMs, galery, longer signatures, custom usertitle or fancy usergroup images.

Now I was thinking, why not let your users actually earn those extras and "purchase" them with their "money"?

It can be done with real money right now :)

http://xenforo.com/help/user-upgrades/

As for points, there maybe an add-on for that :)

I just found an awesome add-on for IPB. This can do everything and more what I suggested. It would be awesome if this would be ported to XenForo or something similar written. Now I am even more undecided what forum software I should get :/

Now I was thinking, why not let your users actually earn those extras and "purchase" them with their "money"? I was thinking of a points system that works a bit like the trophy feature of XenForo.
Users can earn points (money) by posting, by liking content etc etc or simply by staying active.

Earned points can then be used in a store to purchase more storage space, to purchase a custom usertitle, to purchase access to certain sections etc.

Users should also be able to donate points to their friends. Points should also be connected to the warn status of users. If users were warned moderators can either choose to take any amount of points of their liking from them or a pre-defined amount as a punihment.

In my opinion this would increase activity and traffic immensely and what other forum software would be better suited for this than XenForo?

I know there are already similar add-ons available in bd banking and xenShop but I don't know if they work exactly how I described my suggestion of this feature. I doubt it, though.
There's an existing points system: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-banking.536/

That will integrate with xfrock's shop system: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-banking.29665/#post-340775

That already works with a Betting system: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-banking.29665/#post-340789

Top Bottom