Implemented [Suggestion] Inline post/title editing

chousho

It would be very cool if, when editing a post, it would open up to allow for inline editing without having to send the user to a new page.

As well, when viewing a forum, allowing for the editing of the title for a thread you created (while still within the forum thread list.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Inline moderation should handle title edits, and polls I heard was mentioned to not be finalized.

Well, I'm hoping more for the editor to be in place of the actual post (ie: inline), not in the same fashion as editing a comment made on another user's profile.

So perhaps, from an implementation to a suggestion (if all of these things are planned to be added at a later time).

Also, sorry to the mods and devs if this is repetitive. I searched for inline editing, but did not find anything mentioning posts/titles/polls.

Thanks for an official reply, Peggy :)

And as for the inline post editing, I take it that the actual post will open up as a textarea, rather than being like editing on a user's profile page that opens up a shadowbox sort of overlay?

Inline moderation should handle title edits

Great to hear, because I would really need this as an admin/mod on my forums. I need to quickly change threadtitles to change their manual prefix I gave them (for status purposes). But now I am explaining the benefits of inline threadtitle editing... huhhuh. :)

Poll editing does not seem to be possible. So inline poll editing is most likely not something that will be realized.

Top Bottom