Lack of interest [Suggestion] Ignore this thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vincent

This is a feature I'd like to see at a forum, but I never did.

A button with 'Ignore this thread' in it.

You'll recognize it, a thread that you really don't wanna read, but yet, people always make new topics in it. Which results in the forum showing up as unread.

I take as example the 'German Speaking Thread', or the thread about 'Darren Gordon'.

Note: This is not important, I'd just like it implanted in A version.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Never post a thread telling the user to ignore it! That's no way to get hits. :D

Anyway, this is actually a nice idea. I like it. Just kind of remove it from your vision :D

Never post a thread telling the user to ignore it! That's no way to get hits. :D

Anyway, this is actually a nice idea. I like it. Just kind of remove it from your vision :D

Something like the 'Soft Delete' at vBulletin :)
Or like the user ignore at vBulletin :)

xenForums will be the first forums to have this.

id love to see better ignore options.
ignore thread
ignore category/forum
ignore user globally, including their quoted text, etc.

im pretty sure this would be query expensive, but it would be great on smaller boards to have the option.

I wrote a suggestion thread a few days ago that covered this.

Never got any feedback on it from the staff however.

What I like about Facebook (which I hate, btw, .. FB), is the ability to hide something from the news stream.

I wouldn't mind if this was possible in a forum too.

A hide option could disclose a popup to, hide threads by this user, hide posts by this user in this thread, hide this thread, hide this forum.

For the news feed where it has likes and what not, an option field on the left would help too btw, where you can checkbox '[x] show likes'; and a few others. So you can 'smart' filter it, and easily undo the steps.

What I like about Facebook (which I hate, btw, .. FB), is the ability to hide something from the news stream.

I wouldn't mind if this was possible in a forum too.

A hide option could disclose a popup to, hide threads by this user, hide posts by this user in this thread, hide this thread, hide this forum.

For the news feed where it has likes and what not, an option field on the left would help too btw, where you can checkbox '[x] show likes'; and a few others. So you can 'smart' filter it, and easily undo the steps.

this is great. ignore users could be setup just like following users so you'd have link & cp option to stop ignoring / recognize the user again. sort of like unblocking them on fb.

i have a checkbox option when starting a new thread which prevents people on your ignore list from being able to reply to your thread. if an ignore system is added but not this feature, it's one i'd add.

Top Bottom