Lack of interest [Suggestion] Hide links

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

CyberAP

I think most of us want for their forums to grow up and get more and more users. Because a lot of people get the content even when they're guests here is the solution: make an option in ACP or a plug-in to hide all the links form guests and ask them to register or login with Facebook (or other site).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think I've only ever seen this mod/feature used on download and warez sites. It's definitely not something that needs to be built in.

I think most of us want for their forums to grow up and get more and more users.
While I agree that this could increase the registration rate, there won't be any real benefit of gaining those additional users who are registering just to see that external link; never to come back again. Inflating the member count this way does no good, IMO. :)

Preventing unregistered users from downloading attachments is one thing, since you are hosting the attachments yourself and might be considered your own property; but hiding links to free external resources which you don't even own? I consider that somewhat inappropriate.

Just my 2 cents.

A useful mod for certain forums, I agree - but I don't think it's required as core functionality.

Preventing unregistered users from downloading attachments is one thing, since you are hosting the attachments yourself and might be considered your own property; but hiding links to free external resources which you don't even own? I consider that somewhat inappropriate.

Privatising attachments, however, I do like (for those on shared hosting, etc.)

Top Bottom