1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Hide links

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by CyberAP, Sep 5, 2010.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I think most of us want for their forums to grow up and get more and more users. Because a lot of people get the content even when they're guests here is the solution: make an option in ACP or a plug-in to hide all the links form guests and ask them to register or login with Facebook (or other site).
  2. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Well-Known Member

I think I've only ever seen this mod/feature used on download and warez sites. It's definitely not something that needs to be built in.
  3. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Ok and then? ... you have more and more user and no content. :p This was my experience.
  4. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

While I agree that this could increase the registration rate, there won't be any real benefit of gaining those additional users who are registering just to see that external link; never to come back again. Inflating the member count this way does no good, IMO. :)

Preventing unregistered users from downloading attachments is one thing, since you are hosting the attachments yourself and might be considered your own property; but hiding links to free external resources which you don't even own? I consider that somewhat inappropriate.

Just my 2 cents.
    TrixieTang likes this.
  5. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

A useful mod for certain forums, I agree - but I don't think it's required as core functionality.

Privatising attachments, however, I do like (for those on shared hosting, etc.)