1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Global Poll

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Ahmed, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

It will be nice if there will be an option to make a Poll global so it will show in every page some where at the top.

Or at least has an announcement for the poll, something like 'there is a poll needs your vote..' or something...
  2. Safin

Safin Member

At the risk of annoying you, i think these things are actually best suited to be coded as a modification Ahmed. Its not a very hard thing to do and i don't know how many people actually need this support in the core.

What could be thought of is something like this as say a forum sidebar widget.
  3. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I think it's better to have such features in the product by default rather than have them through add-ons. :)
  4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Such a feature could probably be tied with a notice system (like what vB has).
    Lawrence likes this.
  5. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I like that idea, and can see it being used by Admins, alot, for feedback. Nice way to expand on a suggestion. :)
  6. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

7. Floris

Floris Guest

I like this idea, there are enough times where we want to query the users from a particular site/forum with a notice, but we'd have to redirect them to the thread. And the others don't see the result in the notice. Having a global poll system (not tied to a thread, but a notice) would be quite nice.