Implemented [Suggestion] Give the Media-icon some colour

Grover

Last sug for today:

media icon.webp

... I sometimes find myself thinking for a few seconds the Media upload function is 'disabled/not available' to me when I am in the process of writing a post. Because it seems greyed-out to me.

Can some developer get their paint brush out of their cupboard and maybe put some creative little paint on it :)?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Looks like I game I had as a kid :D

images

It probably will flip to the TinyMCE film strip version.
On a sort of related note (but not really), I have read that having icons in one file and then selecting them using css background-position is better in terms of overhead, etc.
Is that true and if so, why have you gone for separate images?

On a sort of related note (but not really), I have read that having icons in one file and then selecting them using css background-position is better in terms of overhead, etc.
Is that true and if so, why have you gone for separate images?
Can't speak for XenForo, but I usually don't use sprites because there are still issues with CSS on some browsers, and on how they handle things. 

They're called CSS sprites. They're faster primarily because they save round trips to the server, though they are faster for a few smaller reasons as well (conversely, they can be slower because they load stuff that may not be needed). They're also harder to customize for the average user.

We do use a CSS sprite for most of the editor images. That's what TinyMCE does by default. We only use our own for custom buttons.

Top Bottom