Lack of interest [Suggestion] Full Featured Payment System

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DomainArchitect.com

I have seen a subscription system suggested by others. I like that, but I want to expand upon it.

• I want to be able to offer subscriptions and display pricing to certain usergroups "vendors" without members being able to see the pricing. Obviously, this requires a vendor to contact us and we would give their account access needed to create the subscription. Currently, we have a separate PHP page on the website that integrates with paypal and allows the vendor to create a subscription. We must manually verify the subscription and manually upgrade the vendor's account. Then when the vendor cancels, we must manually remove vendors.
  • Some of my clients would like to be able to create a small store, nothing fancy, but just a thumbnail and a few options that allow them to sell stickers, shirts, hoodies, i.e. forum branded apparel and stuff.
  • Another client wants a way to have a central store for vendors to host their products for sale. The site owner would like to manage the financial transaction and take a cut of the proceeds for generating the sale, or giving the vendor the privilege to advertise free on the site.
I plan on adding more...

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
  • Unique discount codes assigned to members based on registration, reaching a certain post milestone, or other variable, with possible limitations on use, such as expiring within X days of receiving the code. This can also be used for new members but the downside would be that you would encourage people to reregister just to get the discount code if the code they received earlier expires before they can/want to purchase. Plus, imagine following up the sale with a discount code much the same way GoDaddy does when you buy a domain. The code cannot be used by another member and would be prohibited by the system.
  • Digital marketplace/economy that would allow members to buy/sell/trade/be awarded currency; members could give currency, buy and sell digital gifts, pay for certain site features, i.e. donating member status, ability to change/format user title/member name, or support a cause and receive a ribbon/trophy/etc. The list can go on and on.

I think what you're suggesting here is pretty extensive and is definitely worthy of a future add-on to XenForo. I think a good basic subscription manager like what Invision offers presently would be a great first step towards this goal. I support this completely but fear the work it will entail.You're basically talking a full merchant program.

I support a basic XenForo Subscription Manager in the short term, and a fully featured add-on later on.

Nobody offers it now. If XF develops the software to accommodate such an add-on, then that will make me equally happy. I don't mind paying for features that add value to my business or those of my clients. If my suggestion implied that I expect this to come standard, my apologies as that was not my intention.

My gutt feeling is that this is going to be cutting edge software. I like to make suggestions that push the envelope because I want the software to not only accommodate my needs now but also in the future. :D

It's never too early to give third-party developers an idea of what to tackle first!

This sounds like quite an add-on, though, so get ready to really pay for it!

Nobody offers it now. If XF develops the software to accommodate such an add-on, then that will make me equally happy. I don't mind paying for features that add value to my business or those of my clients. If my suggestion implied that I expect this to come standard, my apologies as that was not my intention.

My gutt feeling is that this is going to be cutting edge software. I like to make suggestions that push the envelope because I want the software to not only accommodate my needs now but also in the future. :D

For a future project I could also very much use a Store (which has a bit off a relation to your suggestions when it comes to making payments). I think this will never be a stock functionality, but I am surely happy to pay a third party if they can come up with something that works with XenForo. I never quite understood the attraction of free community-created plugins. I never ever used any plugin on my vBulletin board, exactly because of the reasons they are free. Those (non-charging) developers can abandon their plugins... they don't have to be supported or ported to a new forum version, are never being supported officially or 'professionally' etc, etc.

I could use a very basic payment system and I'd pay, but I wouldn't want to pay a lot for for something elaborate.
What I'd want is this:

Certain usergroups required to pay.
(For me standard is monthly, quarterly, annually, but a manual option to add on miscellaneous).
Crucially this is a payment FOR another member or 2 members (child) so I'd need this link between the user accounts.
Payment by 1st of month and access suspended for the paying member AND the child member if no payment.
By Paypal or bank transfer, if the second then I would manually update their account on their confirmation email.

I'd also need a second Memberlist for admin view only, selecting out only the paying usergroups.
Fields for name, contact details, date joining, package of service booked.
Fields for on-the-page edits so I can manually update the account as Paid, with date paid.
Searchable on Unpaid, all monthlies, all quarterlies, all annuals.

I think what you're suggesting here is pretty extensive and is definitely worthy of a future add-on to XenForo. I think a good basic subscription manager like what Invision offers presently would be a great first step towards this goal. I support this completely but fear the work it will entail.You're basically talking a full merchant program.

I support a basic XenForo Subscription Manager in the short term, and a fully featured add-on later on.

Just a word up, Invision took the subscription manager out of the base product and offer it as a separate addon, we use it extensively but most sites don't have a need for it. Would definitely be very interested in an add on ... oh and a store ... oh and a .... well okay giving the developers time to catch their breaths before becoming overly demanding.

Hmm and I was just thinking how the atmosphere here is so pleasant.
David I think a lot of people arriving a bit later may not have time to catch up on 1000s of posts so far. This is a very busy forum and some are busier than others or less skilled at searches. I know it's tough at the top but be generous.
Jethro please do not lash out on small irritations. Let it slide for the sake of community peacefulness. Shame to bring yuck in here so soon.

Top Bottom