Suggestion for Suggestions - Add Prefixes

countryside

Hi,

I think you should add an XenForo 1.x and an XenForo 2.x prefix for suggestions. This would make it easier for searching and probably for staff as well. Be sure to like and reply down below.

Thanks,
Noah

This was brought up before and is not likely to happen.

Because a suggestion that was made four years ago may still make it in XF2. A suggestion is not ties to the version.

By default, any open suggestions are slated, if added to be in XF2, as there won't be new features (likely) added to the 1.x series.

This was brought up before and is not likely to happen.

Because a suggestion that was made four years ago may still make it in XF2. A suggestion is not ties to the version.

By default, any open suggestions are slated, if added to be in XF2, as there won't be new features (likely) added to the 1.x series.
Thank you, makes sense.

This isn't strictly speaking a suggestion for the software, so I have moved it.

The important thing to remember about any suggestion is that we cannot guarantee it would be a target for any specific release. People have been "self-prefixing" threads with XF2 and we have been removing this in some cases. There are cases where it may be relevant; for example if the Suggestion is specifically about a new feature we've added in XF 2.0, but I would generally avoid prefixing the threads at all - it doesn't affect our ability to effectively track things.

Top Bottom