Lack of interest [suggestion] Filter forum by 'unread' in addition to title/start date/replies/views/last message

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dean

in memoriam
If there could be 1 more option to sort the forums by - "unread" - I really think that would help with navigation and to encourage more activity.

For instance I have read most of the threads in the "XenForo Discussions & Questions" forum, but there are still several threads unread scattered through 24 pages of threads. At this time the only way to see those unread threads would be to navigate each page looking for unread threads.

It only needs to show the unread sorted by last post, no need to make things complicated. I don't think vb or ipb has this feature.

What do you think?

?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Actually... since I started this thread and more discussions ensued, there may be a far better approach.

A "Whats New" button in a specific forum, which would include subforums under it.
In a forum about food:
-pizza
-vegetables
-fruit <---- a Whats new in this forum would show all things in the fruit forum and in the subforums underneath.
----apples
----bananas
----pineapples

Input?

Top Bottom