1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [suggestion] Filter forum by 'unread' in addition to title/start date/replies/views/last message

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Dean, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

If there could be 1 more option to sort the forums by - "unread" - I really think that would help with navigation and to encourage more activity.

For instance I have read most of the threads in the "XenForo Discussions & Questions" forum, but there are still several threads unread scattered through 24 pages of threads. At this time the only way to see those unread threads would be to navigate each page looking for unread threads.

It only needs to show the unread sorted by last post, no need to make things complicated. I don't think vb or ipb has this feature.

What do you think?

?

Green Cat likes this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

why not? :p

3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. :p

Attention xenmods, I titled this thread [suggestion], was the the correct thing to do? Not sure what your system is, just letting you know.

4. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

Bump, this is a must !

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Actually... since I started this thread and more discussions ensued, there may be a far better approach.

A "Whats New" button in a specific forum, which would include subforums under it.
    In a forum about food:
    -pizza
    -vegetables
    -fruit <---- a Whats new in this forum would show all things in the fruit forum and in the subforums underneath.
    ----apples
    ----bananas
    ----pineapples

Input?