Lack of interest [Suggestion] External Libraries Request

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shamil

3.3.9.1 has a few minor and some major updates.
In fact, most seem to pertain to IE9 Beta 1.

Changelog is here:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/changelog.php

My internal tests show some sort of performance gain of approximately 7.45% (it's not much, but at least it's something) - though this is not important.

Whilst on the subject - will it be safe for us to update TinyMCE on our forums, or should we wait for XenForo to release a build with an updated TinyMCE include?

I also assume SWFUpload has been customised?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Whilst I'm on this note,

Is there any chance we could change the external jQuery library to be included from Google to jQ CDN (http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js)
I've seen superior performance in that the time taken to download a much less, and, EdgeCast seem to be better, in terms of loading things from there.
The point of using Google CDN is you only have to download jquery once so you don't have to on any other site that uses the same link from the cdn. i doubt plenty people uses jquery than the Google cdn.

The point of using Google CDN is you only have to download jquery once so you don't have to on any other site that uses the same link from the cdn. i doubt plenty people uses jquery than the Google cdn.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen many sites that actually use Google's CDN.

Well, 3.3.9.2 is available, and I'll ask again, are we free to update the libraries by itself, without any issue arising?

We don't have any modifications to the core, though we do strip out a bunch of stuff we don't need. You could likely update the libraries without an issue.

Top Bottom