Lack of interest [Suggestion] Exportable BBCodes

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

I decided to start up a suggestion for this considering it was buried in another suggestion:
LOL, I don't think I could live without bbcodes; this should be a gimme(FLOWPLAYER and BBCODES FTW). But what I am thinking is a nice smooth bbcode import export feature so if one has to rebuild a board from scratch or say upload a mod to share they can simply upload and download a bbcode export file and post instructions for use wherever the file was uploaded.(hopefully here instead of spread between 5 or 6 domains :))

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd love to be able to import/export BBCodes as XML. XML is definitely awesome at being flexible and letting you add any elements you like!

I don't think there is a system at this point. There might be one in the future and if it's like the plugin system where we can import xml files to add plugins it would be great.
Why wouldn't there be a system to handle BBcodes or that it won't ship with one? There's a phrase system and style system. It seems natural there's a BBcode system too, and that it's what helps create the BBcode help page.

well i assume something like /domain/bbcode.php?do=bbcode would work as (correct me if i'm wrong) if there is bbcodes in a table somewhere they probably can be rendered into a page with a designated style with not too much of a headache for someone who is capable of coding this and simply add a tab to the navigation bar after.

I have a feeling Kier and Mike will do this eventually, especially considering vBulletin has misc.php?do=bbcode as a BBCode page :)

Top Bottom