Lack of interest [Suggestion] Enhancing of "view posts of user X"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

TheLaw

Just a few thoughts: I know there is a way to see the posts a user has made but:

1) It has to be placed somewhere easier to find and more intuitive. VB has it when you click a user's profile link. IPB has it when you view a profile and you see the tabs. Here there is a "recent activity" but it's confusing to me and could indicate blogs, articles or posts. I'd have a separate tab like IPB if this is the route you're going.

2) I don't think there is a view by thread created and posts. IPB does this, vB just lists all posts.

3) Going to the post is a little odd. The link in the Recent Activity takes you to the post but the highlight is for the thread. I'd prefer that when a user sees the link, there is some indication that they are going to the post and not the link for the thread. You might want to (a) have "replied" be a link to the post and "name of thread" go to the thread so the user can read from the beginning; (b) have one link to the post which says made a "reply in thread: abc def ghi" so the entire item is linked. Otherwise it gets too confusing when you look at a thread name to know if it's the thread name or the user's post in the thread and breaks the rules of consistency.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
When you click on someones avatar a member card pops up, have you tried clicking on the number of posts? (click on the actual #).

?

When you click on someones avatar a member card pops up, have you tried clicking on the number of posts? (click on the actual #).?
Good point. Cool!!!! The text in the background made it difficult to tell that was a link too. The white link with the text showing through... very tough on the eyes...

I think that it's probably a good idea to keep links all the same color on the profile card. It's not easily clear to a user that all those items are links. In addition, I don't think this changes the way the view posts / threads behavior should be on the user profile as I've described.

You can change the colors fairly easy I believe
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-style-options.3091/

And I believe the ui does need a little tweeking. When I click on your avatar, and click on your name in your popup member card, then click on 'your posts' tab - at the very bottom of the page it has a button to click on all threads you started.

I am a bit unclear what you mean in your first post.

Yes, the colors can be changed but they need to be on this style. In the card, the links for the numbers are white and for the headings they are green - but both are links and the headings (like profile and start conversation) don't appear as links because of the different color and where they are placed.

Regarding clicking on name to go to the profile page - yes, that is what I address in 2 and 3. When one searches, they can see (a) threads a user started and (b) posts by user. IPB calls this "topics" for threads started and "posts" for posts. Right now it's all lumped together in "recent activity" which can be anything. But when you go there, the link is actually the thread title but it takes you to the post, not the thread title and first post. How do you know this? Because if you click on it you go there. Most of the time if it's the thread title it takes you to the thread title, not a post in the thread.

Top Bottom