Lack of interest [Suggestion] enable a 'logging' mode for potential spam users....

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

MGSteve

Ok, I'm sure you're thinking why the hell would you want to do that?

Well, I'm currently looking at one particular user on our forum who looks a bit suspicious. She's posting, but not spamming (yet), but her posts are short and very often sound slightly odd. - i.e. as if its being posted by some sort of smart-ish bot.

As the us vs spammers war continues, they are going to start to get smarter in the way the post spam. They'll learn to make a few normal posts before spamming the forum so they get through any moderation filter that may be in place and perhaps make enough posts to send PMs (if such a limit is in place) - but of course to do that they need to be semi intelligent.

What would be useful is to be able to turn on some sort of logging for a particular user (or even a particular user group, so that you could add that user to the group).

The could then log things like login time, IP - country (if available, i.e. GeoIP etc..), browser agent - basically any info that would be useful in deciding if it looks like a human or a bot.

May be its a bit OTT, but right now with this particular user I need more info about her to indicate whether she's suspicious or not, having some sort of log for her actions may be helpful in this.

Or maybe I'm a bit mad, who knows - I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else is mad like me! lol ;)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
User groups exist in Xenforo right ?

Right now I have been using the 'user note' module within the vB user profile available to admins, that seems to be a decent way of keeping track, but maybe a flag or some sort of icon ID system would be better with a search function for those flagged users.

Top Bottom