Lack of interest [Suggestion] Efficient way to stop robots registering

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Floren

I'm pretty sure you already saw this article, but I will post it anyways.
Using this technique, it will be virtually impossible for a robot to register or perform any other spam related tasks. Why? Because you can actually set yourself the increment value, for example. On top of that, you can generate easy a slider with jQuery. :)

I would really want this present into Xen. It will bring value to the product, since is something not implemented into any software out there.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've always preferred the question / answer system myself. The administrator can come up with their own questions to ask specific to their site, all of which can be found by a human being very easily. Since I've enabled this on my forum I have not had a single spam registration. It's a pain to set up at first, but it works.

Question and answer has sharply reduced my spam registrations, but I am now starting to get a few from India. These are likely human paid spammers, but they may be assisted with a database of questions and correct answers.

Suggestion for Xenforo: If Q&A is used as the anti-spam measure, please record which question was used for each registration. Weak questions can then be replaced.

Why not just integrate with solvemedia.com using the captcha protocol and have another monetization tool at our disposal?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've always preferred the question / answer system myself. The administrator can come up with their own questions to ask specific to their site, all of which can be found by a human being very easily. Since I've enabled this on my forum I have not had a single spam registration. It's a pain to set up at first, but it works.

Yep, I agree with bob, a site specific question / answer or site password for registration keeps the germs out :)

Top Bottom