Duplicate [Suggestion] Edit tabs/links in navbar

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Nothing yet. It's a simple template edit as it stands, and we'll make it easier for add-ons to add to it.

We have thought about an editor and like the easy of use, but don't necessarily like the flexibility that you can lose.

Fair enough. Having a raw template does give you flexibility, but I would personally like to see the tabs & sub-tab links built from and Admin CP interface. You can create/edit/delete tabs and for each tab you specify Anchor text, URL, Permissions, display order, and sub-items. Anchor text would come from the phrase system. Permissions could be Eveyone, logged in, logged out, and User Group-based. You set sub-items the same way with Anchor text, URL, Permissions, and display order. You could also have infinitely nested menus if you wanted too. First level is tabs. Second level is sub-tab links. Additional levels open as menus.

Obviously sites powered by xF won't be just forums but much more. I am requesting Tab and Link Manager that allows to add tabs to the navbar from AdminCP. Please make it a stock feature. Maybe you can even program it in such a way that forum admins can add a separate navbar in the header to populate with tabs for addons, etc.

I always thought it was strange that there was no such option in vB3.

Here is the link to Tab and Link Manager for vB4:
http://www.wolfshead-solutions.com/ws-products/product-1

I would really like this... :)
And to be honest, as much as i miss this feature in vB4.. but 39,95 $ (and a yearly renewal of 24,95$) is just too expansive, i would expect such a basic feature to be part of the coreproduct.

I would like to see an Admin Option to Add Tabs and Menus, much like adding forums. Then you can assign an order to them. Example:

Settings -> Add Menu

Name:
Parent: (leave blank to assign as a Tab)
Link:
Display Order:
I like this idea but in any way would it effect someone wanting to manually edit the template say to include a complex dropdown? I don't have enough experience to derive an answer with what I've learned so far but i tend to think no. If it doesn't effect it +1 all day

Is it worth investing time(=money:p ) into an add-on or will these feature be included soon?

You could also have infinitely nested menus if you wanted too. First level is tabs. Second level is sub-tab links. Additional levels open as menus.

+1

Hugely agree with this feature. I was amazed I couldn't find it in the Demo's control panel, and thought I'd register just to add my support.

XenForo has the most advanced appearance-editor in any forum CP I've ever seen, but no option to edit the Nav Tabs? I'm stunned.

As others have said, this feature could easily be added to the "Nodes" page and it would make perfect sense. Either that, or as an option in the "Style Properties".

Top Bottom