Duplicate [Suggestion] Dis - Like

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
/dislike the fact that you disagree with me but has no input since it's obvious you've made up your mind(we all have different needs afterall) - ohwait... that's not possible.
I couldn't care less whether or not it is added, because quite honestly I've gotten tired of the bickering over a useless feature.

You might want to read Mike and Kiers responses regarding this feature, because I basically only parroted what they've said (Their reasoning is that it is negative, and if someone dislikes something the logic is that they're more likely to respond then someone that likes a post, and has nothing to add to it).

But its apparent you've also made up your mind, and you clearly know everything. Just wait for a mod to be made, then you can dislike the world to your hearts content :rolleyes:.

But its apparent you've also made up your mind, and you clearly know everything. Just wait for a mod to be made, then you can dislike the world to your hearts content :rolleyes:.

I don't know everything, I was merely trying to proove a point that I would've wanted to dislike your post there instead of having to reply - it would even prevent possible future flaming(not saying we would begin to flame eachother :P) that might occur if you need to tell the person that you dislike it because that gives them a reason to reply to your post and so on and so forth.

And again, I would never ever activate this feature on my board, don't know how many times it's been said now, hehe, so a mod is quite useless for me. All I'm trying to do is make you guys(not you personally) realize that we're not living in a world where it's only good. Everything has it's opposite. Good/bad, yin/yang and all that. Making everyone only able to like something FORCES users to actually begin participating in flaming and insulting activities since they're forced to reply instead of simply pressing a button. The recieving user can then see that but he/she would be less likely to reply to that, thus preventing possible flaming and insulting. :)

The ones asking for dislike and even defending it obviously have no experience with negative reputation and the problems that it creates in most communities. Unless you like to get PMs/PCs from members every day telling you that they have received negative reputation without good reason, there is really no reason to want this. If you really want to create a bad atmosphere on your forums between members, then please hire a coder and create your own dislike functionality. It certainly isn't something that XF should promote.

Enough of the bickering please.
Just accept the fact that everyone's different so agree to disagree.

Mike and Kier have made their position clear so ultimately it is up to them what makes it into the core.

Enough of the bickering please.
Just accept the fact that everyone's different so agree to disagree.

Mike and Kier have made their position clear so ultimately it is up to them what makes it into the core.
They said they'd rethink their stance on its inclusion, so it isn't clear.

But not really because this discussion wouldn't have happened in the first place if there would have been a dislike feature since the thread would not have been posted then ;)

But not really because this discussion wouldn't have happened in the first place if there would have been a dislike feature since the thread would not have been posted then ;)

That's true. However, it was mostly just to prove my point that dislike can serve good purposes. Preventing heated discussion is one of them :)
For instance, I'd reaally(!!) like to reply to your last post, especially as I strongly disagree with the fact that "everyone defending it clearly have no experience with negative rep", BUT I don't want to bring up a discussion again since I know it'll lead to nothing. We all have different opinions. So a dislike of your post would be perfect for that :)

Top Bottom