Lack of interest [Suggestion] Change Quick Reply avatar opacity

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dutchbb

A while ago there was a request to remove the avatar next to the quick reply because for some it caused a bit of a confusion. The request was rejected, and I think it was the right decision. But... it is still possible to do something to improve this.

So I suggest to give the avatar a different opacity depending on the situation/action.

Normal Quick Reply avatar:

normal_qr.webp

Quick Reply avatar when typing:

typing_qr.webp

I hope you can see what this does for the user in terms of usability? :)

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In the quick reply template, you could add this to the line containing class="avatarHolder":
Code:
style="opacity:0.4; filter:alpha(opacity=40);"

Since this is done now for the editor itself, maybe it can be done for the user avatar as well ;)
Easy solution.
Go to your EXTRA.css and put
Code:
.quickReply div.avatarHolder {
opacity:0.4;
}
and it works (sorta). Only problem is when you click in the editor box, the avatar stays opaque.

I know the CSS exists (and it's posted already) the point was indeed the change when focus changes on the editor. I guess a coder has an opportunity here to produce this. :)

Top Bottom