Implemented [Suggestion] Cancel Button

Rob

I dont usually go for cancel buttons on forms but I really think the 'edit post' form should include a cancel button. Some users are not as hugely web savvy as us bunch and part way through writing an edit they may change their mind. Me and you know we can just leave the page but others might expect a cancel button. I think this is pretty needed thing.

Upvote 17
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think it might be missing because there are already three buttons and a fourth might be a bit much. Also there's the browser back button or just clicking any other link. Accidentally clicking cancel can also be a problem.

Save changes and preview show up twice(which I'm not really sure why...) I guess for that one extra option at the bottom. Cancel could go next to Save/Preview on the bottom set of buttons.

I think accidentally clicking it and losing your whole post is worse than not having it at all so again I think we're better off without. Unless there's a confirmation pop up of course.

I think accidentally clicking it and losing your whole post is worse than not having it at all so again I think we're better off without. Unless there's a confirmation pop up of course.
That would be best practice and would expect them to do that anyway.

Testing.

Edit: Since it's on a separate page, I don't think Cancel is that important to be honest. And the possibility of clicking a button and losing your entire post without a prompt would be pretty bad.

Anyway, I'm more curious why there are two Save Changes and Preview... buttons. ;)

Testing.

Edit: Since it's on a separate page, I don't think Cancel is that important to be honest. And the possibility of clicking a button and losing your entire post without a prompt would be pretty bad.

Anyway, I'm more curious why there are two Save Changes and Preview... buttons. ;)
I think Kier or Mike anticipated on having more options, in that case the buttons would not be visible right below the text field which could confuse some users, or forces a user to scroll down even when he/she is not interested in the options below. ATM though, there are not that much options for users, so this does not apply.

I think the reason for having two sets of Save Changes and Preview buttons is the options under the first set. So the first Save Changes and Preview are for the Text Area, and the second Save Changes and Preview are for the option under that if it happened to change anything there so you don't need to go up to press one of the first set buttons. It's the same as it is in vB.

Aaha, I didn't see your post before I post mine, it seems that you posted your post when I was already in the thread. :D
BTW, at first there was only one set of buttons which is the second, but people wanted to have them right under the Text Area so they were added after.

Top Bottom