Lack of interest [suggestion/bug?] Allow absolute paths for $config['development']['directory']

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mike Tougeron

Would it be possible to allow absolute paths for $config['development']['directory'] ?

XenForo_Model_Template::getTemplateDevelopmentDirectory() line 459:
PHP:
if ( substr($config->development->directory, 0, 1) == '/' )
{
    return $config->development->directory . '/file_output/templates';
}
else
{
    return XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getRootDir() . '/' . $config->development->directory . '/file_output/templates';
}

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
you set the developer directory via absolut path.
Nope. The current code prefixes the setting with XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getRootDir(). I want the development directory to be *outside* of the rootDir and I didn't want to use '../../' :P
Yeah, I'm working on a patch for this as well so that it saves off every change someone makes so that we can save it into git. Working on another add-on that'll import templates for you as part of a "publish" process.

Nope. The current code prefixes the setting with XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getRootDir(). I want the development directory to be *outside* of the rootDir and I didn't want to use '../../' :p
Sorry:D you're right. That's the standard behaviour in xf. I've forgotten that i changed this too.

Nope. The current code prefixes the setting with XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getRootDir(). I want the development directory to be *outside* of the rootDir and I didn't want to use '../../' :p

Yeah, I'm working on a patch for this as well so that it saves off every change someone makes so that we can save it into git. Working on another add-on that'll import templates for you as part of a "publish" process.
I like this. Do you plan to release this?

Probably not. Depends on how 1.1.0-b3 works (I haven't had a chance to test it yet) since that allows you to use templates directly from the file system.
I don't have a link on hand, but I know Kier said it is compiled versions, so we can't utilize it to send templates to something via git, and have the <xen: syntax written and such. Something like this would be very useful for me. :)

Top Bottom