Implemented [Suggestion] Blocks system / sidebar widgets

yoghurtfarmer

Perhaps it's already there but a system to allow admins to add blocks in key areas would be useful (left side, right side, top, bottom, maybe between posts).

There could be some predefined blocks such"most recent posts" "top posters", but the most important feature would be the an option to allow custom php or html blocks.

The blocks could be controlled through member permissions (guest only, member only, etc) and content type (show only on index, show everywhere, show only on pages, etc).

With the custom blocks, admins can customize their forum and add advertisements/banners with ease.

Upvote 37
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A system to allow advertising, top posters, etc has been suggested.

I intend to put additional info in the current sidebar on the right, either beneath or above the Forum Stats area.

I'd like this so I could make blocks for key usergroups, with usergroup view permissions, with links to the areas those particular usergroups need the most.

Oh I thought you meant like an ignore system at first lol. Yeah a Block System would be handy. I've been using one on my site for quite some time.

Take wing from the Jaguar, the engine from BMW, the wheels of the wagoncar he was, the body of the rocket, and we get oops. Sorry for my english.

I'd like to be able to add my own custom side blocks, just so I can add graphical links to different parts of the site. By sideblock I mean the blocks of information which reside within the side column.

Preferably this would be done using a Wysiwyg editor, which also allows the use of html, or able to call up a XF template - like how VBA works.

Also it should be able to be used with or without a sideblock wrapper, as some sideblocks (like for advertisements) may not need to look like other sideblocks.

Top Bottom