Lack of interest [Suggestion] Better location for administrative tasks

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Floren

Based on the Mike's post, I was wondering if is possible to have the admin/mod tools moved into existing toolbar. The main reason I want it relocated is because many users will customize the current Xen style. Since the toolbar contains intricate JS, less we play with it, the better it is. Plus, I think it will look sharper if we keep together all red alerts. First thing we all do when a page loads is to check the upper right area for any "redness". Then, why not keep it all together?

Regarding the additional space used, we can shorten easy the description of each event.
Current design:

report-moderator-bar-png.984

Improved design:

4905204252_16c6ea57a1_o.jpg

In case someone wonders how I managed to create the screenshot, I simply edited the HTML nodes, in Google Chrome.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Did anybody move the modbar content to the navigation?

My experience is, that many want to do the contrary (move links tabs from navigation to the top moderator bar)

I'd really like to see this in action with alot of people using "showcase" "Bookmarks" "Gallery" "Resources" tabs in actions, you'll be hard pressed fitting all that on. Also on fixed width styles you just have no chance and I could see this breaking once the "custom" tabs are enabled.

-1 on this suggestion, Sorry Floren.

Did anybody move the modbar content to the navigation?

My experience is, that many want to do the contrary (move links tabs from navigation to the top moderator bar)
If a site has many navigation tabs it becomes needful to save space by moving things to the moderator bar, or finding a different placement for it.

Top Bottom