Lack of interest [Suggestion] An Archive System

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Greg

This is something that can probably be implemented using the tools already built in, but it would be way more convenient to have it done automagically.

In order to reduce clutter in the boards, create a duplicate of each forum that's hidden, and has posting disabled and editing disabled, but other than that has all the same permissions of its corresponding forum. All of the duplicates are hidden on the main index, but can be linked to in the footer. As threads are closed, grow stale, hit their length limit, etc. moderators can shuffle them off to the archive, where they can be viewed for reference but don't make clutter on the main page.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, I know that this can likely be set up. My suggestion is to have it be managed automatically. So that a moderator can one click archive, rather than finding the correct archive forum and manually moving it there for every thread.

I see what you mean, kind of a date-driven-cold-storage:

Thread X days/months/years old automagically go read-only to a separate forum category.

Top Bottom