Lack of interest [Suggestion] Allow users to change their user name

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Peggy registered with her last name but now her username is only Peggy, so yes, it's possible on some level. I'd be surprised if this functionality wasn't included in the Admin panel sooner or later. I'd guess the function is already there.

Peggy registered with her last name but now her username is only Peggy, so yes, it's possible on some level. I'd be surprised if this functionality wasn't included in the Admin panel sooner or later. I'd guess the function is already there.

I'm pretty sure that was done via Admin CP or something, not that it was a feature or something.

vB and IPB allow an admin to set how many user name changes are allowed in a specific amount of time before the user would have to contact said admin to have it done.

I currently see no such feature in XenForo... Is one planned?

You mean to have the user change his name by himself? Is there such features like that in vB? :confused:

vB and IPB allow an admin to set how many user name changes are allowed in a specific amount of time before the user would have to contact said admin to have it done.

I currently see no such feature in XenForo... Is one planned?

• vb does not provide the ability for the user to change the user name, that is a adminCP function.
  • ipb does allow that, and while I can understand if for some uses (notably games/clans?), I find that terribly confusing.

• vb does not provide the ability for the user to change the user name, that is a adminCP function.
Aah, I thought -only for a moment- there is such functions that I'm not aware of. :D
  • ipb does allow that, and while I can understand if for some uses (notably games/clans?), I find that terribly confusing.

I find it conducing as well.

So I think it's better leave such function to the Admin.

On the other hand could just allow the admin to set the limit as to much often they can change their names. Larger communities it's nice so you don't have 50,000 members relying on admins to change their name(not saying all 50k would at once)

Perhaps a setting that will allow a user to change their username within a certain time of activating their account, and maybe the option to change their username becomes available every x amount of days/months (admin permissible of course). Upon changing of the username, it would put out a message on the news feeds, and that's that.

phpBB has a setting in the ACP which allows the user to change their name.

For obvious reasons this is hardly ever allowed and any name changes are only ever done by an Admin.

When you run a large or active site, you will receive daily username change requests. Its sheer madness to work on this for some hours a week, when your site is your hobby.
But this is actually a great opportunity to get some income. Just let members pay for each name change and automatize the process, like digital point has done here.

Anyway: I'd very much like to have a usergroup setting to allow members to change their own username every X days. I'd turn this on for VIP members only.

I don't know this for sure, but I would venture to guess that this would be a usergroup permission, such as it is on vB.

I would like XF to have the ability for each user to change their own username. More and more members are PM'ing me about this, and it would be a relief to have the option to grant them this permission.

Top Bottom