Lack of interest [Suggestion] Additional permissions/abilities for Moderators.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

AdamD

I would like to see something similiar to what an addon/hack allowed for VB 2.0 Gold.

The hack was called VBHosting, it was considered illegal by Jelsoft and removed from Vbulletin.org, as it allowed people to effectively manage their own forums.

It gave assigned moderators the ability to add/remove/edit subforums, add/remove/edit additional mods, edit the header/footer and logo for their forum style and also, edit access masks.

This particular mod/hack would've been a major boon for sites like mine, which host "guild" forums for groups of people who play online games.

If something similiar were allowed for Xenforo, or perhaps even built in, I would buy a license the minute it went on sale

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wow, These are really powerful permissions that I'd not trust anyone to have them, really. Well, maybe one or two if they are trustful enough and know what they are doing.

Wow, These are really powerful permissions that I'd not trust anyone to have them, really. Well, maybe one or two if they are trustful enough and know what they are doing.

I think the idea was they could only make these changes on their own subforum... So it would be one site, and each other forums on the site could have its own style and rules basically... But it did mean that people could but one licence and effectively run 100 sites, I can see why vB didn't like it personally. The same thing can be done by buying 100 but just sharing once central file system like wetalknation currently does but this requires a vB licence for each site and I think this is the better way.

Additional permissions could be added via the plugin system and (I presume) some form of XML.

Feel free to run a directory scan on XF to see if they use XML-based files, assuming they didn't password-protect or ip-deny their special directories ;)

I think the idea was they could only make these changes on their own subforum... So it would be one site, and each other forums on the site could have its own style and rules basically... But it did mean that people could but one licence and effectively run 100 sites, I can see why vB didn't like it personally. The same thing can be done by buying 100 but just sharing once central file system like wetalknation currently does but this requires a vB licence for each site and I think this is the better way.

But you have the choice now to put a different skin for specific forum, also have each related to a unique and fully dependent subject. If I understand correctly, isn't that the same and the only different is that the moderators will be able to change the style by themselves or restyle the forum as they want and make their own rules?

You might want to wait and see what permissions the moderators have, first. Then suggest additional permissions. :)

Yea I do understand why they'd have a disagreement with it, it'd just make my life a whole lot easier.
I currently have about 70 custom usersgroups (1 for each private guild area)
So you can imagine just how large my forum permissions page is right now, in internet explorer, it actually freezes the browser when trying to load it all.

Just to clarify, they only apply to the category and subsequent subforums the user is assigned to. :)

Top Bottom