[Suggested] Members who visited today

I also would love the "Members Online Now" box on the homepage to have an option to either show current users online or users over the past rolling 24hours... I agree this gives a greater feeling or activity on quieter/newer sites and is a great feature.

I hope this is implemented as standard if not it should be an easy mod.

I have to admit also it's an addon I applied to all my vbulletin sites. I would give this the thumbsup but with XenForo having the whos_online to the side it's going to be difficult to apply this and have it looking acceptable without huge amounts of index page wasted. Whilst the whos_online (Xenforo) is at it's current placement it'll be counter productive the whos_online would have to sit near the footer with the layout of the whos online displayed horizontally.

Hm... a link could be added. "See Today's Visitors" or something that would AJAX-in the users and hide the online uses. Another link could switch it back.

I have to admit also it's an addon I applied to all my vbulletin sites. I would give this the thumbsup but with XenForo having the whos_online to the side it's going to be difficult to apply this and have it looking acceptable without huge amounts of index page wasted. Whilst the whos_online (Xenforo) is at it's current placement it'll be counter productive the whos_online would have to sit near the footer with the layout of the whos online displayed horizontally.

My suggestion is that it would replace the whos_online box... So busier boards would have whos_online... Smaller boards would have online_24hours generally both would take up the same space.

And I think this should be set via the Admin CP

It could even be displayed on another page, with just a link somewhere in a menu of the toolbar - like who's online goes to a separate page with a list of members.

:)

Edit: lol great minds... :D

My suggestion is that it would replace the whos_online box... So busier boards would have whos_online... Smaller boards would have online_24hours generally both would take up the same space.

And I think this should be set via the Admin CP

I think better still a kind of tab system (ajax) so you can switch between the two in the block at it's current placement without going to another page or refreshing pending on an option set in the admincp. This imo would be quite elegant if possible.

This could really be better as an addon as the main goal of the software is have a streamlined product with a nice plugin system so us users can add the "debatable" features like this instead of doing it like vBulletin and having on/off options in the admincp which really ads bloat and another if/else condition to run.

I don't see a problem of it being under the default who's browsing now, with options for 24h/today visitors as it seems many people like to use both. Then the who's browsing now could be disabled, leaving only the today/24h visitors.

This could really be better as an addon as the main goal of the software is have a streamlined product with a nice plugin system so us users can add the "debatable" features like this instead of doing it like vBulletin and having on/off options in the admincp which really ads bloat and another if/else condition to run.

Actually, add-ons used by the majority of forums should be built in in my opinion, like embeding videos which has been already built-in here. You could argue it's not the majority of the users who would have any use for it, but I would say they would use it nonetheless if they had the inclination to install add-ons.

I never found it useful as much as just a way to brag about active members to the competitors.

I would much prefer to see the guest visit system, with more emphasis on the registration rate of guests, and tracking for guest trends (I'd be interested in the member visit feature if it included some form of trend tracking), otherwise I view it as worthless overhead.

I never found it useful as much as just a way to brag about active members to the competitors.

I would much prefer to see the guest visit system, with more emphasis on the registration rate of guests, and tracking for guest trends (I'd be interested in the member visit feature if it included some form of trend tracking), otherwise I view it as worthless overhead.

It is simply a way of making less active boards look more active than they are... no-one wants to join a dead board, so without these sort of changes you are kind of stuck.

Oh, I currently use it to see how my registered member useage changes at a glance (cause I don't really do the formal stat thing). And just to see if someone I'm waiting on a response from has been on the board yet lol

I do apologize in advance but I have never seen the point of this. If someone visits a forum, while not being 'invisible', then goes 'invisible', they are listed on that page for 24 hours with no way to delete the information.

On our site, it would only discourage people from being visible because some people would not want their visit recorded for a variety of personal reasons.

If I wanted to make my site look more busy I would turn up the time online from 15 minutes to something greater.

In addition statistics like this can give a false impression and what happens when the guest falls for it and registers only to find a nonactive forum like they expected. That's even worse that the impression they would have gotten if the statistics wasn't there.

This is one of the most popular add-ons on vb.org, which would be great if it was included. People like to see if their friends read the forums on the day they visit. Of course this would be better of for smaller forums, I'm guessing, with not thousands of visitors.

hey Dream, glad to see you here ... waiting for the radio & tv add-on for this platform ... :D

Top Bottom