Suggest Styles For Me To Make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free and open source is your friend.

Ignore the haters and do your thing with pride. You have my support and I'm sure of many others.

Isn't silly the negative people seem to always feel the need to be the most vocal? There is a reason for this... It's because they don't have much of a leg to stand on, typically all alone, and so they hope their 1 voice will be equal to that of a 100. As though their voice should be the most important.

Ignore the silly ones.

Nobody can complain about the standard of free themes being offered, after all they "ARE FREE" to use, plus who say's they are Pro designers? Those people put a lot of work into them, then expect nothing back in return. Nobody has a right to moan about that, they should respect the fact they offer them freely for all to use. Different if your offering commercial paid themes, then you expect a standard from them. I wouldn't buy a theme of that SmackLan, it's not the first time I've read him moaning about people releasing free themes here, just miffed because he's trying to sell his own in direct competition against them.

Release another 100 free themes to upset them more... I would... :)
I think your right in the fact that dude is complaining just to be complaining because I had to go back and edit my post when I realized the free styles actually are separate from the paid styles just like any other mod. I think he's just mad cause whatever he released must've gotten bumped off the front page. Not only that, all my styles are located in the Other Styles section. The only other style that isn't mine in that whole section is XF Mobile Stop. If I've sequestered myself in the Other Styles section and none of my themes are in the paid section then dude will just have to bump his own styles up in the resource manager by updating his styles with little tweaks every now and then if he's worried about not being on the front page.

Free and open source is your friend.

Ignore the haters and do your thing with pride. You have my support and I'm sure of many others.

Isn't silly the negative people seem to always feel the need to be the most vocal? There is a reason for this... It's because they don't have much of a leg to stand on, typically all alone, and so they hope their 1 voice will be equal to that of a 100. As though their voice should be the most important.

Ignore the silly ones.
Yeah it's silly. I can't remember the last time I complained about some free sh! to be honest...

I did not mention your name or styles on those tweets so how do you know I was even talking about you? But since you felt it necessary to bring me into this thread, I stand by what I said. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way, just one who has no problems saying it (which I'm perfectly within my rights to do).

Funny how it's always the mental mrGTB who chimes in with his worthless opinions about me (and anything else he thinks people care to hear from him on when they don't - like never buying from me...no worries there pal, you wouldn't get the chance). By the way Gary, if you have proof of me saying the things you accuse me of, show it, otherwise stfu.

Without causing offense I think the main issue people have is it seriously decreases the signal-to-noise by releasing so many "quick and easy" themes and makes it harder to find the other free themes where people have spent considerable time on (e.g. Flexile, social, etc).

Reactions: Kim
No one mentioned your name or styles on those tweets so how do you know we were even talking about you? But since you felt it necessary to bring me into this thread, I stand by what I said. Obviously I'm not the only one who feels that way, just one who has no problems saying it (which I'm perfectly within my rights to do).

Funny how it's always the mental mrGTB who chimes in with his worthless opinions about me (and anything else he thinks people care to hear from him on when they don't - like never buying from me...no worries there pal, you wouldn't get the chance). By the way Gary, if you have proof of me saying things you accuse me of, show it, otherwise stfu.
I didn't know you were one of the dudes in the tweets. I just scanned through em. And the tweets are obviously about me bro. I don't even know what you said that your standing by and whatever it is your offended by all I can say is oh well since I already addressed every complaint.

Without causing offense I think the main issue people have is it seriously decreases the signal-to-noise by releasing so many "quick and easy" themes and makes it harder to find the other free themes where people have spent considerable time on (e.g. Flexile, social, etc).
Some of my skins took a couple minutes to make, some of them took several hours like the Facebook theme. None of that matters though. If I take a minute to make a theme or several days worth, it shouldn't matter if you know how to browse through the Resource Manager and actually take the time to click on 'paid' and 'free' tabs as well as the subsections of the styles section since all of my themes are in 'Other Styles'. If you really wanted to be annoyed I'd put them in the Light and Dark styles and Seasonal styles but I'm doing ya'll a favor.

I'm not offended nor do I really care. I was simply stating an opinion to a few followers on Twitter. If I wanted to make a big deal out of it I would have posted it here...but I didn't, you did. ;)

womans_happy_face.webp

I'm not offended nor do I really care. I was simply stating an opinion to a few followers on Twitter. If I wanted to make a big deal out of it I would have posted it here...but I didn't, you did. ;)
Yeah I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal of it and I am because I'm ashamed of some of my styles. That's why I feel like it's worth reposting in the thread to let people know that yes I know some of my styles need more work. If all of your complaints leads to more requirements for uploaded resources then I'll comply.

Yeah I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal of it and I am because I'm ashamed of some of my styles. That's why I feel like it's worth reposting in the thread to let people know that yes I know of my styles need more work. If all of your complaints leads to more requirements for uploaded resources then I'll comply.

One word. Release styles you want, never worry about what people think of your works what might be someone's rubbish is something people will find beneficial. Your doing a great job, keep the releases flowing I'm referring to the styles btw.

On a related note. be wary who you listen to. the person whom contacted you about those tweets is a known spammer and internet troll who wanted exactly this reaction from you. Don't be played. :)

edit: actually it was more than one word. Don't crucify me.

Hey I see some people complaining about my skins in the Twitter sphere:

https://twitter.com/#!/KW802/status/187997770483896320
https://twitter.com/#!/smackLAN/status/187995519270912000
https://twitter.com/#!/TheRevTastic/status/188008356164804608
https://twitter.com/#!/KW802/status/188003335050235904

In response to all those tweets I will agree that the paid and free sections should be separate.
Which status of mine exactly are you considering a complaint against you? :confused:

One word. Release styles you want, never worry about what people think of your works what might be someone's rubbish is something people will find beneficial. Your doing a great job, keep the releases flowing I'm referring to the styles btw.

On a related note. be wary who you listen to. the person whom contacted you about those tweets is a known spammer and internet troll who wanted exactly this reaction from you. Don't be played. :)

edit: actually it was more than one word. Don't crucify me.
lol I thought he was just a fan of my work that got defensive. Here I was feeling special for a moment lmaooo

I'm just playing lol.

Yeah I'll keep making skins regardless of the complaints. I'm addicted to making em. Even if I get banned from xenforo for whatever reason I'll release them somewhere else. I have xampp now so I can't stop even if I wanted to. Even if I lose connection to the internet from my crappy internet service provider I can STILL make skins! and if I need the internet that bad I can always take my laptop to McDonalds and use their wifi to post a skin. :D

Heck, if anything out of that exchange between me & John (smackLAN), I would've thought it'd be John upset because I said that I'd rather see an XF.org site instead of XF.com turning into a billboard.

As Shelley mentioned, it looks like a known instigator is trying to you use you to stir things up.
I've been wondering why there hasn't been a xenforo.org type site for some time now.

Have ya'll ever asked the xenforo developers about that and what did they say?

I've been wondering why there hasn't been a xenforo.org type site for some time now.

Have ya'll ever asked the xenforo developers about that and what did they say?

It was asked in it's infancy but the devs decided resources wouldn't be separated or allocated to a sister site. Most members agreed with this so further discussion on the matter as far as I'm aware wasn't needed.

It was asked in it's infancy but the devs decided resources wouldn't be separated or allocated to a sister site. Most members agreed with this so further discussion on the matter as far as I'm aware wasn't needed.
Oh okay. I'm honestly satisified with the Resource Manager the way it is now. I prefer it to than the extra steps I have to take when uploading a theme on vbulletin.org. That actually gets on my nerves. Maybe I'll get used to it after I make more vBulletin 4 themes but until then I hate it.

It only takes me around 25 style property edits to make a free xenforo theme. In comparison, it takes me around a hundred or so to create a vBulletin 4 theme. Although there are plenty of vBulletin 4 themes available, there will be way more xenforo themes by the end of the year, I promise you that. It's extremely easy to create themes for Xenforo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom