XF 1.1 Suggest how to get members to accept TnC again

MOZ

Hi,

We are creating a forum and our in a testing phase, so we got some beta testers. Once we go open registrations we would like them to re-accept the TnC's. How should we go about this?

You could just put up a dismissable notice to all members informing that the T&C have been updated with a link. They can click to view them or just dismiss the notice, but they can't say they weren't informed if the notice goes out to all members as anyone logged in will see it at the top of the page.

I plan to use the Notification only :P. Remember the request I had, well it was for this only, to get them to view the TnC page and re accept and unless they do so, the notification can not be dismissed.

I plan to use the Notification only :p. Remember the request I had, well it was for this only, to get them to view the TnC page and re accept and unless they do so, the notification can not be dismissed.
I do have an idea on this, but can't try it out until later.

Leave it with me.

This is how we went about it:

- Set state for all the beta testers to Confirmation from email pending group
- Put a notification besides the notice to confirm their email
- Now the confirmation page has a TnC box, with all the TnC and they have to agree before they can click the "Resend email"

here is the code of the account_confirm_resend template
PHP:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase resend_account_confirmation}</xen:title>

<form action="{xen:link account-confirmation/resend}" method="post" class="xenForm formOverlay AutoValidator">

<p>{xen:phrase sure_you_want_to_resend_account_confirmation_email, 'email={$visitor.email}'}</p>
    <br />
    <p>Before doing so you will have to rec-aacept the Terms and Conditions</p>

<br />
<div style="height:400px; width:750px; overflow: scroll; border:1px solid black;">
    <xen:include template="terms"></xen:include>
    </div>
<br />
    <dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
            <dt></dt>
            <dd>
                <ul>
                    <li>
                        {xen:phrase i_agree_to_terms_and_rules, 'checkbox=<input type="checkbox" name="agree" value="1" id="ctrl_agree" class="Disabler" />', 'terms_attributes=href="{$tosUrl}" target="_blank"'}
                        <ul id="ctrl_agree_Disabler">
                            <li><input type="submit" value="{xen:phrase resend_email}" accesskey="s" class="button primary" /></li>
                        </ul>                     
                    </li>
                </ul>
        </dd>
        </dl>

<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
    <input type="hidden" name="_xfConfirm" value="1" />
</form>

All the terms are in the terms template (Reason" We basically used that in a couple of other places, such as the Terms & Rules Default page, registration page, etc.

Top Bottom