Subscribe to Forum

svtsnake03

I posted on my forum about my plan to switch from vB4 to XF and one member stated that another forum he is a member of switched and he hated it because he was not able to subscribe to a forum and get notification whenever a new thread is posted.

I looked here and do not see a way to do that, is he correct? That seems like something that should be included.

There's an inbuilt watch thing as part of the notification system (I think you set it up via settings). You can choose if it does it by email or notification.

It also asks when you post - underneath the Create Thread, Upload a file and Preview button, it has some selections to tick or untick:

Options:
Watch this thread
and receive email notification

Also at the top of each topic it has a link to "Watch Thread". Just tell it if you want it by email or not and you're sorted :)

There's an inbuilt watch thing as part of the notification system (I think you set it up via settings). You can choose if it does it by email or notification.
It also asks when you post - underneath the Create Thread, Upload a file and Preview button, it has some selections to tick or untick:
You can only watch something that exists.
Manually watching each thread would be major hassle.
This user wants to watch a forum, for new posts (and new replies?)

Top Bottom