Subdreamer CMS

You heard earlier about Subdreamer CMS?

• No, never before.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, I heard, but haven't used it.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, I have used it, but I didn't like it.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Yes, it's cool CMS!

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
### Subdreamer CMS 3.4.1 is now available! ###

Featuring:

* New Media Gallery plugin.
* New Download Manager plugin.
* New Latest Articles plugin.
* xenForo forum integration.
* Articles plugin now self-clonable.
* ... and much more!

while activating forum integration it only shows:
Forum Settings file found.
Settings file loaded.

then nothing more.
forum is running in /(root)
and SD is running in /sd so the path i write is: ../
forum and SD installed in the same DataBase

Alerts on a subdreamer homepage would be golden (an often requested feature, no good solutions with other products so far).
A xenforo skin that would make it appear seamless in xenforo .. golden.

Attachments

• subdreamer.xenforo.alerts.on.subdreamer.pages.would.make.people.happy.webp
    subdreamer.xenforo.alerts.on.subdreamer.pages.would.make.people.happy.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 44
Alerts on a subdreamer homepage would be golden (an often requested feature, no good solutions with other products so far).
A xenforo skin that would make it appear seamless in xenforo .. golden.
Hi there,,

This may be a possibility.. the Subdreamer login panel supports showing private message counts and popup on private message.
This isn't implemented yet for XF but when it is,, it is very possible that either ourselves or a XF/SD guru could create a plugin based on our login panel like a xf horizonatal login panel that behaves as you indicate.

Cheers

I was tempted to get this for my VB site, but the renewal price is far to high in my opinion.
The full product with a year's access is $99.95 and the renewal for a year is $89.95?
Seems a little excessive imo.

I was tempted to get this for my VB site, but the renewal price is far to high in my opinion.
The full product with a year's access is $99.95 and the renewal for a year is $89.95?
Seems a little excessive imo.

Hi there, the value is a lot better than that... I might need to tweak the website so the pricing is clearer to folks not familiar with SD.
The initial lifetime license is $99.95, which comes with one year of downloads/updates and 3 months of official support.
Renewal for downloads/updates is $39.95 for an additional year as needed.
Renewal for official support (ticket system) is $59.95 for an additional year as needed, applies to all licenses under your account. (was $89.95)
Free support is also available in our community forum and bug tracker for most issues.
We also have tiered volume discounts starting at 3+ licenses.
Includes branding free/white-label.

.. many customers will grab SD at the regular price or wait for it to go on sale.. then after the 1 year.. they might be able to wait 3 months or 6 months before renewing at $39.95 for the next version. That gets them the latest version for now 2.5 years. If they wait another 6 months after their next 1 year expired before renewing it comes to 4 years of the latest version for initial 99.95 (or sale price) + 39.95 +39.95 / 4 yrs, equals a yearly cost of $44.96.. add volume discounts and the occasional sales we run on even renewals.. and our customers don't complain about price. Of course there are open-source options out there but it depends on what you are looking for... case by case SD might not fit some projects while for others it might be well worth it. :)

I'll be watching this closely. Must say I love seeing the principal here joining the conversation. Really personalizes things (we have a special place here for small start-up/giant killer types). Really makes if feel like someone might be listening.

I'll be watching this closely. Must say I love seeing the principal here joining the conversation. Really personalizes things (we have a special place here for small start-up/giant killer types). Really makes if feel like someone might be listening.
Thanks for the interest. I know that principle is important to the xf crowd.. that is why I'm here. Great opinions and you know what you want so mediocre won't suffice. The xf users on average seem to be the most ambitious, creative and technical.... reminds me of early vb days. :whistle: .. you are the type of people I want to work for, having some of you xf/forum/web gurus as customers would help me/SD just as much as my product might help you.

You might want to put your name in your signature Brent. Keeps it personal, not corporate. JMO

Looks interesting enough to me that I'll probably give it a try. Especially if I think you're responsive to ideas/suggestion, etc.

You might want to put your name in your signature Brent. Keeps it personal, not corporate. JMO

Looks interesting enough to me that I'll probably give it a try. Especially if I think you're responsive to ideas/suggestion, etc.
Good point. Updated signature. :)
We are always open to suggestions on the CMS as a whole... and with core forum integration related features.. we have to tread carefully and slowly as we have a small team but support 5 forums.. and there are a lot of variables with the bridge of course. None the less, separate xf specific add-ons/plugins are not out the question either and would likely surface once it catches on.

I can confirm that Subdreamer is indeed a very flexible CMS, which offers easy ways to set up a solid website. I've built dozens of websites for various clients with all SD versions and all of them are running fine. One of my current sites is also running on SD 3.4 which is performing great so far.

The development almost dead for a long time, until new ownership change and things are looking very promising once again. There have been some great improvements in SD 3 since last year and I am happy to read that SD 4 is already in Brent's/Tobias' plans.

With xF steadily becoming a stronger voice in forums, the SD/xF integration is a right step and I expect it will be very easy to make a matching SD skin based on xF style. Coding a SD skin is one of the easiest things you'll see.

I've been busy lately, but from what I have tested with SD/Xenforo integration... From my point of view, its kind-of frustrating integrating it, but as Tobias from Subdeamer told me, I would have to use the same database if I really want them integrated. The thing is, I try to keep everything separated so that I don't feel like I'm crossing wires.

Imagine you're trying to set up an entertainment center, and you have too many systems to connect... but you end up crossing the wires that you don't really know what you did.

I'm going to integrate SD/XF on a fresh-brand new forum.

Thanks for the feedback.

The databases can be different but the database user has to be the same for both. There are some other requirements such as expected, the cookie path of your forum needs to include the path of the Subdreamer installation for the cookie to keep the login. I believe you had a non-standard installation that crossed domains but the files resided in the same public folder... this would also have cookie issues... but the single login would still work.

For 95% of configurations, Subdreamer integration is just a few clicks.. map the usergroups, done. Let us know how the fresh install goes.

Top Bottom