Styling Postbits, using Spoiler/Tab like Features

faeronsayn

Hello,

After a lot of customizations to my forums, specially the postbit, I have come to realize that small postsbits are the way to go. But I still want to include some of the essential things for my forum, in some way.

Spoiler Function

I was wondering if there is a way to use some type of spoiler function, when clicked would display more information, it would obviously be inside the postbit, maybe something with "More info..." and you click on it, and the postbit enlarges and shows more information about the user. Such as maybe their post count / Registered Date / user ranks / and so on. It would be almost like a drop down menu but it would only drop down once clicked, and when clicked again, it would hide.

Tab Like Function

Maybe something right above your extra user info, some selectable dots, that once clicked would show different information, making it a lot easier to put a lot of information in the postbit without using much space. Here is a screenie of what I am trying to talk about.

attachment.php

This is from DBTech, for vBulletin, but its essentially the same thing.

I think the easier one would be a Spoiler Function, since I would think just a little styling would have to be done to use the posts spoilers in the postbit.

Anyways hope at least someone can look at this :P

OK, i wasn't able to implement it with the scrollable element, but i was able to code this:
http://ragtek.org/videos/messagedetails.htm

It needs some CSS Tweaking,after this i'll release it next week on my page

That Looks Awesome :eek:

Exactly what I was looking for, I hope I can fit in other things in there, such as user rank images and things like that.

One more thing, what is this "Money: 250" thing you have there? is that your plugin? Some type of forum currency ? If so could you point me to where you got it :)

Yes, you're able to include everything whatever you want (as you see the gallery images & articles counter,...) with help of the template hooks;)

Yes, you're able to include everything whatever you want (as you see the gallery images & articles counter,...) with help of the template hooks;)

Thats great, hope you can release it as soon as possible, also to my above question

One more thing, what is this "Money: 250" thing you have there? is that your plugin? Some type of forum currency ? If so could you point me to where you got it :)

spoilers are part of the bbcode addon and already there.
We're talking about the user infos;)

Spoiler Function

I was wondering if there is a way to use some type of spoiler function, when clicked would display more information, it would obviously be inside the postbit, maybe something with "More info..." and you click on it, and the postbit enlarges and shows more information about the user. Such as maybe their post count / Registered Date / user ranks / and so on. It would be almost like a drop down menu but it would only drop down once clicked, and when clicked again, it would hide

Attachments

• user infos.webp
    user infos.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom