1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Styling New Posts in sidebar.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by hkymre, Sep 14, 2015.

1. hkymre

hkymre Member

I'm trying to change the colours for the post title & info in the new posts panel.
    I've had a look at Style Properties: Sidebar but can't see anything obvious in there to change things.

I've inspected the element & it looks like the colour for the post title is taken from .secondaryContent
    But when I've changed that it's changed the colours elsewhere as well, which I don't want.

The post details are from body .muted, again when I change that it also changes in places I don't altered.

I've tried adding .sidebar .secondaryContent to extra.css but that doesn't change the new post sidebar.

I'm sure it must be something obvious but I'm missing it at the moment.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can increase specificity using the .threadList class, which is just for that block.

3. hkymre

hkymre Member

Thanks @Brogan
    Getting closer now.

Code:
    .threadListItem .additionalRow{
    color: #ffffff;
    }

and that changes the Latest: Username Timestamp part of the block.

I'm still struggling to change the post title though.

4. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Have you tried .title yet?
    Code:
    .threadListItem .title {color: #ffffff;}

5. hkymre

hkymre Member

Hi @Kevin, I've tried that and it just changes the ... at the end of the thread title.
    I've changed the background of the block instead now.

6. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I found that you can change the title colour of the title in the New Posts section by using this code

Code:
    .messageContent a{
    color: #ffffff;
    }

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That will affect all other elements which use that class.

You should use higher specificity if you just want to target content in that block.