Cannot reproduce  Styles System - Changes not being saved

Kim

Hi :)

I have been merrily styling all day, and have suddenly hit a brick wall, whereby a change I made previously to one of the CSS I now would like to change, but no matter what I do the change will not save, it gives the Successful save overlay, however regardless of if I use Save All or Save and Exit, neither would appear to work.

Not sure if it is a server issue, xen issue, I don't think it's a browser cache issue as I have cleared my cache.

Any assistance appreciated :)

Sounds like you're running the site in debug mode and editing the master templates and style properties rather than the style you are supposed to work on?

Well if we are I haven't put it in debug mode... how would I check that? and I am working on a child style not the master.

I have since moved on from that bit, and new changes are saving fine, it's like that one CSS just will not behave it's self :p

This might be relevant...

I had a problem like this yesterday. The CSS changes I made in the style properties appeared to save but didn't. Restarting my browser fixed the problem and allowed me to save changes again.

Firefox 3.6.11
OS X 10.6.4

Thanks Jake, I thought it might be me too, so I actually cleared cache, and then rebooted my machine, but even after that this one particular CSS will not save the change.

remove the content, type just something like abc and save it
does it then save it ?

if so, perhaps some of the <xen: ..> or other strings, code, conditionals might be causing an issue that's not visually reported? (just taking a guess here).

Did you try an alternative browser btw? chrome/safari = webkit, perhaps try firefox or opera which aren't webkit.

remove the content, type just something like abc and save it
does it then save it ?

if so, perhaps some of the <xen: ..> or other strings, code, conditionals might be causing an issue that's not visually reported? (just taking a guess here).

Did you try an alternative browser btw? chrome/safari = webkit, perhaps try firefox or opera which aren't webkit.

Excellent things to try and I did just that, emptied and saved a few characters. Didn't work.

I generally use Firefox, so tried IE8, exactly the same issue.

discussion_list.css

it took changes earlier, now will not play nice no matter what I do!!!
whip.gif

We'd need really specific information to do reproduce the issue. What are the exact changes you've made?

Well I added some side borders to the discussionListItem class.

I think this is resolved now.. I am pretty sure I didn't add them anywhere else, (but it has been a huge learning curve all day so can't be a 100% I didn't), but it seems that somehow it was ending up in the node_list.css as well
blink.gif

It could be just me being silly and forgetting I had already put them in there, but I really don't recall doing so.

Sorry to trouble you all, and thanks for the assistance :)

Top Bottom