Styles Potential

Digital Jedi

I don't doubt skinning for XenForo is that bad, though I was a little put off by what I saw in the demo ACP. And I realize I'm asking a biased question here, but if you can give me an idea, it would help. What's the market for professional XenForo skins look like? Is there currently a demand for it and it would it be worth my while to start designing skins for it. I'm going to start with vB 3 and 4 skins, and I want to add a second forum to the list, but I don't really have a good idea of the market for other forum software styles. I thought about SMF (which doesn't actually look like they have a major market for prepaid styles) and IPB, the ladder of which seems to be a rather common secondary design source for style designers. That said, I probably have a ever so slighter opportunity to market for XF based on the handful of folks who might know me from vB.org. But, like I said, is there a sense that a market for buying XF skins is growing? Or are thing still to new to be certain?

Thanks. I don't think the slider thing would put me off completely. What I'm mainly wondering is how big the market is for people purchasing XF skins. I realize there's no exact number, but, let's say compared to vB, would you guestimate it's about on the same scale, per size of customer base?

After purchasing XenForo the second thing I bought was a skin.

There is a high demand for xF skins, but at the moment they all pretty much look the same, even the premium ones, so no one is buying much.

On the IPB forum I've seen a lot of people complaining about the lack of "amazing" skins...
This has been my general perspective about vB, as well. That's why I will attempt at doing something different.

Well, thanks guys. xF is definitely at the top of my list now for a secondary forum. The price don't hurt, either. ;)

Top Bottom