How are potential customers supposed to view styles?

Qwest

Since the styles showcase is in a customers area, how are people that may be interested in xenforo supposed to determine if there are decent pre-made themes out there before purchase?

Someone is f* ridiculous thinking that because something's free to one situation it has 0% value and therefor pirates can publish it on their site, or others can get it despite not having a license, or distribute it on web sites without author permission.

Okay, so your point is your afraid that people without licenses will publish the content on pirate websites without author permission. My argument would be that a licensed member is just as, if not more, capable of doing that. However, legitimate customers are coming to this site and getting stifled by the permissions system in the addon section of the forum, if you want more sales and traffic (Addons and XenForo itself), I would recommend pulling that curtain down.

Also, don't talk to me about digital content value. I run a business based on digital products, as soon as you can match my *paying* customer base of 10,000 you can start talking to me like that.

A usage license is granted to those with a valid XenForo license, and distribution is prohibited ::: Unless specifically noted otherwise.

Sounds nice doesn't it? Lets see how many pirate websites I can find that violate "usage licenses". I would bet money it's in the hundreds. Your not being realistic when you try to play by those rules, because pirates just dont care.

If people can't understand the basics of that they should not be an admin on any community, let alone be on the Internet.

Your absolutely right, I should take my business elsewhere. Let me know what addons you've written so I can be sure to never use them.

Okay, so your point is your afraid that people without licenses will publish the content on pirate websites without author permission. My argument would be that a licensed member is just as, if not more, capable of doing that. However, legitimate customers are coming to this site and getting stifled by the permissions system in the addon section of the forum, if you want more sales and traffic (Addons and XenForo itself), I would recommend pulling that curtain down.

Also, don't talk to me about digital content value. I run a business based on digital products, as soon as you can match my *paying* customer base of 10,000 you can start talking to me like that.

Sounds nice doesn't it? Lets see how many pirate websites I can find that violate "usage licenses". I would bet money it's in the hundreds. Your not being realistic when you try to play by those rules, because pirates just dont care.

Your absolutely right, I should take my business elsewhere. Let me know what addons you've written so I can be sure to never use them.

You should certainly stick around and ignore the way some people will look down upon new members asking fundamental questions and quite frankly, speaking to them like dirt they just scraped from the bottom of their shoe. I'm sure once the attachment thing as been rectified in the way that it distinguishes screenshots from actual attachments .zips etc then non paying customers, members of the site will be able to view those screenshots.

I am not saying it will "prevent" anything, but that doesn't mean it should therefor get a cart-blance.
Any add-on I've created starts with "XenFans.com", feel free to never use any of them. It's meant for those who want to use them, and are licensed.

It would help none license holders with regards to demo images if members here started using photobucket or some such for image hosting and then use the img bbcode, no license required to view demo images then, worth a go right!

It would help none license holders with regards to demo images if members here started using photobucket or some such for image hosting and then use the img bbcode, no license required to view demo images then, worth a go right!
Certainly a valid option for anybody. Of course.

Any add-on I've created starts with "XenFans.com", feel free to never use any of them. It's meant for those who want to use them, and are licensed.
Got it, I'll be sure to do that. Me, and anyone else who is looking at XenForo but hasn't purchased yet. Basically any future customers. Thanks for letting us all know which addon developer NOT to deal with right out of the gate.

Back on topic, was the media manager ever built? Did this get resolved?

Got it, I'll be sure to do that. Me, and anyone else who is looking at XenForo but hasn't purchased yet. Basically any future customers. Thanks for letting us all know which addon developer NOT to deal with right out of the gate.

Back on topic, was the media manager ever built? Did this get resolved?
Perfectly fine by me, you can have your opinion, I gladly had mine and pulled my resources from this site.
Can't help it that you're whining and flaming about that now.

"I gladly had mine and pulled my resources from this site" - That was probably for the best. Congrats on putting your money where your mouth is.

Looks like they did in fact create the resource manager! Sweet, browsing now to see if anything matches an upcoming project I have. Thanks dev folks.

"I gladly had mine and pulled my resources from this site" - That was probably for the best. Congrats on putting your money where your mouth is.

Looks like they did in fact create the resource manager! Sweet, browsing now to see if anything matches an upcoming project I have. Thanks dev folks.

You seem to forget that your attitude towards me is no different than mine as a response to people with attitudes like yours. If a *new* customer decides not to buy this software because they don't like me, I think that says a looooot more about that customer than it does about me.

No guy on the market, I won't buy your fish. This girl on the corner over there wears a red shirt. I don't like red. You shall not have my business!

Floris whats up with ya? You seriously need to chill out. People have an opinion, let them have one. No need to be slating peoples opinions like this in a presales forum surely

Top Bottom