Style Properties Problems

Jo.

I'm trying to set up a style and am having some big problems trying to figure out what properties relate to what and am getting very confused.

I can't see anywhere that I can change the colour of a 'page' title (despite searching through where it seems to refer to xf pages, rather than just general pages lol), and the same for thread titles and the links at the top of a thread (mark forums read etc.).

Also, can someone explain what is meant by 'tabs' cos I can't seem to figure out what that's referring to.

I'm finding the terminology used in the style properties really confusing - the things that you'd think terms mean, they don't seem to mean... so I'm getting lost.

I've just been trying to figure this out on the chrome alternative to firebug.
I clicked on the 'page' title (our forum is www.christiansurvivors.com/xen) and the page in question is under the category fragile hearts, it's called forum rules, but you can't see it right now as its somehow been set in the same colour as the page background. Anyhow, I right clicked on that link, and chose inspect element. The matched css rules appear to come up as : node .nodeTitle so I searched that in admin/appearance/styles search which led me to a template which showed 'node title' to be the property in question. However we changed that one and it didn't affect the page title at all ... so now I'm even more confused than I was at the beginning, heh.

If anyone could shed any light on where I'm going wrong that would be very much appreciated!

Brogan, I've searched a:visited in the styles search. I found xenforo.css which contained that code and looked like the likely suspect - though I wasn't sure that that wouldn't mess up a whole lot of other stuff. Anyway I changed

Code:
a:link,
a:visited
{
    color: @textCtrlBackground;

to have a different palette colour, (white) and the link is now showing correctly. I'm not sure however how many other visited links that will have affected though - so was that a bad way to go about it, lol?

Firebug is awesome! thanks for that Brogan. :)

If there's lots of different matched css rules for one particular element, how do you know which one is the one to change and how do you know what else changing that style property will change but also we see that crossed out text means those properties have been overriden elsewhere - what does that mean in practise?

Thanks Jake, I'll try that out tomorrow! (May be back for more help lol)
Gave myself a migraine so I reckon that's my body saying 'pllllllease no more code!!!!!!!' :D

Top Bottom