Lack of interest Style Pictorial

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dixie McCall

Someone needs to come up with a style pictorial or change how editing styles works in ACP-maybe real time? I can't remember which other forum software does this but it is much better. It is nice to actually see what you're editing next to the styple property. The xenforo styling, especially block styling, needs to be updated to something better. It's hard to figure out what changes what. I would like to see blocks removed and go to "catagory heading, category footer, etc..

Hope that makes sense. Sorry just IMHO. :)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not possible to have changes apply without a page refresh - the browser won't be able to serve the updated code.

There is one forum software co that shows the actual page and the designer makes the changes right on the page. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the name of the software but it was much easier and quite detailed on what the designer could change.

In other words.. if the designer wanted to change the category header color, the actual header would show and the designer would make the changes in real time.

Someone needs to come up with a style pictorial or change how editing styles works in ACP-maybe real time? I can't remember which other forum software does this but it is much better. It is nice to actually see what you're editing next to the styple property. The xenforo styling, especially block styling, needs to be updated to something better. It's hard to figure out what changes what. I would like to see blocks removed and go to "catagory heading, category footer, etc..

Hope that makes sense. Sorry just IMHO. :)
I get what you’re saying. I’ve actually been working on an add-on that labels each style property with a visualization of what the property changes. I’m making it for my own reference but I can upload it here when I’m done.

Our styles have a little "design mode" that lets users see what style properties are available to certain elements. We don't cover everything, but it's a nice little thing to have. They link directly to the style property to edit it the values.

Our styles have a little "design mode" that lets users see what style properties are available to certain elements. We don't cover everything, but it's a nice little thing to have. They link directly to the style property to edit it the values.
That's great. I'll check them out. :) Thank you Russ.

Top Bottom