XF 2.1 Style from 1.5 to 2

If i upgrade xf from 1.5 to 2 will my 1.5 style be converted , or am i going to have to do my style from scratch ?
Yes, because XF2 is a completely different product.

I recommend doing some research to the detailed nature of the XenForo 2.1 default template prior to doing your skin reproduction for it.
I know nothing about XF1, but in XF2 all pages are processed by the index.php with different data templates.

LESS styling script can identify whether a code block is effective to which data template.

Yes, because XF2 is a completely different product.

I recommend doing some research to the detailed nature of the XenForo 2.1 default template prior to doing your skin reproduction for it.
I know nothing about XF1, but in XF2 all pages are processed by the index.php with different data templates.

LESS styling script can identify whether a code block is effective to which data template.
thanx, looks like i am sticking with 1.5 for now :D

I wouldn’t wait to long. XF1 is EOL and no longer supported. You might find yourself running a site that could have security risks.
i am amazingly happy with it and how stable it is. Considering that there forums using still vb3 i am good to go. xf1 is a very modern software even if its considered EOL.

While developers will always make new versions becouse they need to sell their products we cant imply that xf1 is an outdated wreckage.

Also i dont understand why they made xf2 so different than xf1 . upgrades should be smooth and easy if u want customer satisfaction

i am amazingly happy with it and how stable it is. Considering that there forums using still vb3 i am good to go. xf1 is a very modern software even if its considered EOL.

While developers will always make new versions becouse they need to sell their products we cant imply that xf1 is an outdated wreckage.

Also i dont understand why they made xf2 so different than xf1 . upgrades should be smooth and easy if u want customer satisfaction
Upgrade itself is smooth, except templates and addons.

this means that we are not talking about upgrading then, The correct term is migrating from xf 1.5 to 2.1. Sucks
Show us what your current XenForo 1.5 template looks like and how it functionally is different than default XF 1.5 template.
Then one of us may have interests in looking into assessing the difficulty of migrating your style.

Show us what your current XenForo 1.5 template looks like and how it functionally is different than default XF 1.5 template.
Then one of us may have interests in looking into assessing the difficulty of migrating your style.
u mentioned addons too, the fact that it is a new completely software and not a new version is the problem.

u mentioned addons too, the fact that it is a new completely software and not a new version is the problem.
What if the tech revolution happened between XF1 and XF2 is of vital necessity?

Most warmly-welcomed XF1 addons have XF2 versions, you can check it out through the Resource area in this community.

Instead of thinking of how to let clocks around all the world run counterclockwise, you tell what difference your current forum theme has (comparing to XF1 default template). Only if you tell it, we can proceed to see how much efforts are needed to migrate your new theme to XF2.

I am afraid that I have to invite @Chris D to share his opinions here to the OP, as I really have lack of experiences with XF1.
Maybe I described something in a over-serious tone.
they even changed the conditionals in templates, now why the **** an "upgraded" version of a platform needs to change the syntax to conditionals ??

What if the tech revolution happened between XF1 and XF2 is of vital necessity?
I dont see any revolution, and why XF2 is a vital necessity ?

they even changed the conditionals in templates, now why the **** an "upgraded" version of a platform needs to change the syntax to conditionals
Who the bloody hell ruled that a developer has no rights to revamp the syntax and conditional system of his own product?

You are currently not asking for support.

Shag it. I am calling @Brogan now to see how would he deal with this thread. I'm out.

Top Bottom