1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style conditional

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ryan Kent, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to selectively modify CSS for a style without having to modify the EXTRA.css within that style. I know that may sound strange. I use the Flexile style for my site. It is the parent, and several color choices are the child styles. I only have updates within the parent style. There are zero template edits, including EXTRA.css within the children. If possible, I'd like to keep it that way.

I am trying to create a conditional based on style. I think I am close but it is not working. Does anyone happen to know the correct conditional for style? The best I could come up with is:

Code:
    /* Fixed issue in Flexile Brown style where links in messages are difficult to distinguish */
    <xen:if is="{$style.style_id}==14">
    .messageText a:link {
    font-weight: bold; !important;
    }
    </xen:if>

Vilandra likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.style_id} == 14">

</xen:if>

3. Ryan Kent

I appreciate the idea but it did not work.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh is that in one of the CSS templates? Yeah that won't work. The $visitor record isn't available to the CSS templates in my testing.

I don't have a solution for you. I would just edit the templates in the child styles.

5. Ryan Kent

as always, thx for the feedback. At least now I know it is not possible and can move to plan B

6. Vilandra

Vilandra Active Member

I'm still completely lost with how to make alterations to the XF templates, so I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about here. But is it possible to put the conditional in the template to choose a separate CSS class element for each style? So your extra.css would have:

.messageText1
    a:link { font-weight: bold; !important; }

.messageText2
    a:link { font-weight: italic; !important; }

one for each style?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you add the code to EXTRA.css in each style then it will work exactly like that.

Conditionals aren't required.