As designed Stuck pre reg actions

MilkyMeda

Affected version
When a user with pre-reg action gets rejected, the pre-reg action doesn't get deleted. If it doesn't get deleted immediately, it could be useful later on when they get approved by an admin via admin panel if the rejected user log has been reviewed. Saying that I could move every rejected user into unapproved state and approve them via approval queue is not an optimal solution IMO. That's extra work. So, what could be done here?

Last edited:
I feel a little bit like the subject and what you seem to be suggesting in the body are two separate things.

Regarding the subject, it feels like you're suggesting that pre-reg actions should be removed when a user is rejected. I think that's a valid option, though I think that not removing them (with the note that they will be deleted when they expire anyway) is reasonable as well.

What you bring up about a manual status change in the control panel seems to be the major point you're bringing up. This is generally as designed and not something we're planning on changing at this time. Manually changing a user's status in the control panel is not the same as completing a registration in the "normal" flow. No post-registration completion actions are triggered this way; by default this is the welcome message and the pre-reg action, though it could expand to others in the future. The control panel edit is essentially an explicit bypass to these regular actions. (Similarly, changing a user to an awaiting email confirmation state doesn't trigger an email to them.)

I'm on the side of approving pre-reg action automatically whenever the user is in valid state. Email confirmation bypass is not the same as pre-reg action bypass. Pre-reg action bypass basically ignores their contribution to the community. It's the only reason why they signed up in the first place, to submit content.

Top Bottom