XF 2.1 Stripe Not Upgrading Members

morticai

Hello,

I'm creating a paid only site. Currently PayPal works as intended, but I can't seem to get Stripe to work.

The payment goes through and under my payment log I get - Information: guest purchase payment inside the log I see all the required information, User, Purchase Request Key, Transaction, Subscriber ID and payment profile.

In my Stripe dashboard I have my Webhook url set to domain.com/payment_callback.php?_xfProvider=stripe with no Event types (I tried all event types and payment wouldn't go through).

However under Active user upgrades the users that use Stripe are not shown as active.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

no Event types (I tried all event types and payment wouldn't go through).
If you have no event types set then nothing will be sent to the web hook. A lot of them aren't needed but it sending all events should be fine.

That should yield multiple logs then which may give you more information as to why it is failing.

Thank you for the reply @Chris D

I set my webhook back to all events, but in my payment provider log the latest attempted registration looks exactly the same.

Simply getting a Information: guest purchase payment

Is there anywhere else I can look for errors / more info other than the payment log in Xenforo?

Appreciate the help.2019-07-14_4-37-25.webp

There seems to potentially be some add-on involved here. I'm unfamiliar with the log action "Information: guest purchase payment".

That isn't any sort of log we add. We don't actually allow guests to make purchases. Interestingly, it also seems as though the payment wasn't made by a guest either way, because the user details are in the log.

So do you have an add-on which enables guest purchases? If you disable that, does a user upgrade purchase work?

So it appears that the first callback from Stripe is happening too fast, after an hour Stripe reattempted the webhook and everything worked properly.

Is there a way to have Stripe wait a few seconds before doing the callback?

Having Stripe users have to wait an hour before their account is upgraded will result in a lot of unwanted support tickets.

Which specific version of XF are you using?

I'm using XF v2.1.2

Also, yes I'm using an addon as it's a paid only forum [AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.6.0

But yeah I'm guessing the first webhook fails because this addon requires the stripe payment first before the account is created.

2019-07-14_7-15-00.png

So it has a success an hour later.

There is something wrong here, and I still think it could be related to the add-on.

We made a change in XF 2.1.2 so that the charge is done synchronously. The charge itself doesn't have to wait for a webhook to be received, and the upgrade should be processed immediately.

If you were able to do a test without that add-on enabled (obviously it would have to be a registered user purchasing a user upgrade in the normal way) you will be able to observe the expected behaviour (and which events are logged and when).

I'm using XF v2.1.2

Also, yes I'm using an addon as it's a paid only forum [AddonFlare] Paid Registrations 1.6.0

But yeah I'm guessing the first webhook fails because this addon requires the stripe payment first before the account is created.

View attachment 206429

So it has a success an hour later.
Did you ever resolve this? I just added Stripe as a payment provider and it's not automatically upgrading user after paid registration.

PayPal has been working just fine before this.

Paid Registrations 1.6.4
XF 2.1.4

Top Bottom