XF 2.2 stripe language

erdis

How can I change the text of the fields shown in the picture when paying with stripe? Card number, MM / YY, CVV

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.webp
    Ekran Alıntısı.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 8
I believe they are rendering those fields with that text so I’ve moved this to bugs as we may need to be passing in a value to Stripe to ensure the correct language.

Note: it may actually be coming automatically from your browser’s language value so if you’re not using a localised version of your browser then it may display in English but will report back.

Yes, I have now confirmed that the language is set automatically based on the browser's locale.

To test this I have downloaded and set my Firefox language to German and initiated a Stripe payment:

1614690792452.webp

As you can see it picks up the browser language and adjusts the language accordingly.

In other words, if your browser or maybe even OS system locale is set to English then Stripe will render in English too.

Yes, I have now confirmed that the language is set automatically based on the browser's locale.

To test this I have downloaded and set my Firefox language to German and initiated a Stripe payment:

View attachment 247685

As you can see it picks up the browser language and adjusts the language accordingly.

In other words, if your browser or maybe even OS system locale is set to English then Stripe will render in English too.
then there is no support in each country, such as turkey.

It would be great if these fields were customizable.

If you find a language that is not supported then that is an issue with Stripe. We have no control over the output of these fields as it stands.

Stripe does support Turkish localisation in some cases so it may be worth contacting them directly to discuss as I would imagine that supporting Turkish in these missing cases shouldn't exactly be an unrealistic expectation if other aspects of their user interfaces already support it.

Top Bottom